Is this Worth It??? Installation....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Qckrun
10+ year member

Somewhere
Is 550$ worth a custom install? Like the place im going to maybe get it installed at said they would build a custom box, and mount the COmponent speakers in,and do everything i need. Is this worth it, or should i take my chances trying to install it myself? Please give advice, thank you.

depends, how good are your wood working skills? and your fiberglassing skills? you might be able to make everything cheaper if you have the skills to do so....

Well me personally, i cant really cut well, but my dad is a master with wood lol. He use to cut wood for my mom, because she did crafting, so i would say he can work very good with wood. Although Fiberglass, we've never done anything with Fiberglass. What do you suggest? Thanks

If all they are going to do is design a box and install the speakers and amp it is probably not worth the money. However, if you are not good with woodworking or wiring it may be an option. For the most part it is relatively easy to install everything. Directions come with the equipment and even specs for the sub enclosure are with the speakers. The wiring is pretty much self explanatory and if you have any questions you can feel free to jump on here and ask away. We dont get paid for it but we enjoy helping out when and where we can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.