Where can I get BIG wire?

stinger 3/0?
aamp (stinger) WAS going to come up with 4/0 that was FLAT and as flexible as hyperflex.

Had a whole line of products that would work with it too, the ring terminals didn't crimp either they slid on and a pin slide inside the wire to get the most contact with the wire. Same with the fuse holders.

I saw it last time I went to aamp I guess that was 2 years or so ago

Okay, let me ask another question....well two actually.

1. I need to run about 18-20 feet from the front to the back....what is the max current that can travel down 2/0, 3/0, 4/0 at that length? That way I know what size fuse to buy.

2. 2/0 is twice as big as 1/0, and 4/0 is 4 times as big as 1/0 correct?

For some reason Lowes or Home Depot come to mind.....I know they have HUGE ground wire for cheap, real cheap...but i'm not sure about anything else. You can check.

- David

For some reason Lowes or Home Depot come to mind.....I know they have HUGE ground wire for cheap, real cheap...but i'm not sure about anything else. You can check.
- David

keep in mind the flexability, which typically goes hand in hand with the strand count. Also aluminum handles less amperage that the same sized copper wire.

I think you will find the stuff from HD is way to stiff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.