Where can i get an in dash digital voltmeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm looking for a small LCD display voltmeter I can mount on my dash. I'm asking if you guys have any experience with one that doesn't **** and is reliable. I know I know...I would like an EPIC160 but that's a bit much, I was thinking more like $10-$15 clean and simple.

Or you could get a $5 led volt meter on ebay and a turn on relay for it. That's what I did
That $5 ebay one fits like a glove in the blank space on my dash but I don't like the fact that there is no remote turn on. What is this relay you speak of? Details please! Like which one? How to install? Pretend like you're explaining this to your mother (if yours is like mine haha) This stuff goes right over my head.

That $5 ebay one fits like a glove in the blank space on my dash but I don't like the fact that there is no remote turn on. What is this relay you speak of? Details please! Like which one? How to install? Pretend like you're explaining this to your mother (if yours is like mine haha) This stuff goes right over my head.
A relay is a switch that you don't have to worry about in this case. Simply connect it's remote turn on to the remote turn on of your head unit or amp. Connect ground to ground. Connect battery positive to constant positive. Connect remote out to your volt meter's positive connection, and ground the negative of your volt meter.

When the relay receives the 12v signal from your head unit, it will turn your volt meter on.

Google relay, and there are lots of good in-depth explanations. I use a relay for all my amps, volt meter, and will also use it for cooling fans.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.