when i turn on my lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

wvubeerman

my stereo has static in the background, i turn off the lights and the static goes away. i replaced the head unit and all the door and rear speakers, i had to do all of the wiring myself. i am assuming that there is now a loose wire that is hitting metal. any help would be great.

thanks

my stereo has static in the background, i turn off the lights and the static goes away. i replaced the head unit and all the door and rear speakers, i had to do all of the wiring myself. i am assuming that there is now a loose wire that is hitting metal. any help would be great.
thanks
sounds like a bad ground

im kinda new at this how should i go at finding out where the ground is and how to fix it? the ground in the wiring harness?
it is probably in the head units wiring harness area yes. just make sure all connections are tight. do you just have a head unit or more?

You could try running a dedicated power and ground wire from your battery (or ground your HU to your chassis inside your vehicle near the HU. Your factory wiring that is connected to your lights may be causing the issue. Running dedicated lines should bypass that noise.

You could also try placing a power filter on the postive wire before it goes to your HU. Some high-end HUs, like the Pioneer 800PRS, come with one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.