When building a box how do you kno what the tuned Hz is?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tgilchrist
10+ year member

Im Starting on building a box for my silverado extended cab and i want to build it rite. i kno the cubic inches is supose to be 1.50 and its just measured by the air space left inside the box. but i dont know anything about what it means by what the box is tuned to.

Very helpful, but does the size of the box matter? I'm obviously a newb, and am getting ready to build a vented box. But I want to know if it really matters how big the box is. I figured I want to tune my box to about 36 htz so the vent would need to be 9.98" area. But no info on volume of the box. So, does it matter, or can I just build it however big I want it?

matters what subs, how big the box will be and port and sub displacement is also needed for that port calulator. usually the bigger the box the lower u want tunned or more subs sharing the same air space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.