WHeel well installation help!

well if your weel well is big enough, you could just build an mdf box that roughly fits in there.......if not generally people line the tub with foil or plastic, fiberglass 2 or 3 coats and , pull it out, glass an mdf baffle into place for the and finish the remaining layers (varries with use, ie what subs, how much power, ect.....).

how do you anchor those things and keep it from vibrating? so you hav to drill - ey man - just wanna say BE CAREFUL with the tank and brake line. thats all i have to say but if any of you have a better idea on how to anchor them better tell this kid here. coz you will get yourself in a whole lota trouble.

well it ends up being the EXACT counter of the spare tire well they basicly just hold themselves in place, thats been my expeience, you could probably line the well with something thin (mabey even a sound dampener), but soft to prevent little vibrations.

Originally posted by evo2k3 well it ends up being the EXACT counter of the spare tire well they basicly just hold themselves in place, thats been my expeience, you could probably line the well with something thin (mabey even a sound dampener), but soft to prevent little vibrations.
yep most people will sound dampen the entire trunk area including the wheel well before putting a sub in there....its advisable too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks about the warning. but can i put a sub there ( wheel well ) on sealed type of enclosure. will and elemental 12K fit there? have you seen one? what types of enclosure will be appropriate on that location.

thanks again.

Originally posted by evo2k3 well it ends up being the EXACT counter of the spare tire well they basicly just hold themselves in place, thats been my expeience, you could probably line the well with something thin (mabey even a sound dampener), but soft to prevent little vibrations.
I've seen/read some spraying stuff (damping material or under-body stuff) on the surfaces where the glass box will sit.. to give it that soft barrier..

The only time I'd think you would have a movement issue is if you bounce the car pretty hard.. most times the weight of the sub and box will hold it down fine (on a flat surface, maybe not so good.. but we are talking about a form-fitted shape that can't really slide anywhere, just bounce up).. I have 4 boxes and 2 amps secured to a 1/4 underlayment board (for sub-flooring).. the underlayment is cut to 'fit' some curves so it doesn't slide front/back and goes from wall to wall so no sliding there. but, hitting a speed bump at 15 MPH sure gets the whole rig to get off the floor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ... I just try to go slower over them now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by TRDevelopment thanks about the warning. but can i put a sub there ( wheel well ) on sealed type of enclosure. will and elemental 12K fit there? have you seen one? what types of enclosure will be appropriate on that location.

thanks again.
What kind of car? what year? which well? spare tire hole or actuall wheel well?

If you want specifics you will have to give specifics..

i believe this guy is talking about a spare tire hole! im not so sure. but if its a spare tire hole then i think you'd be better to have it near the back seat coz that will be too tight you wont get the right amount of volume.

thats just my take on that. but yes you need to give out some specifics

savant its a rolla 95' sedan, spare tire hole.

sorry mugen but ive seen one in there. and i think it can be done. i just need the right information on how to do it. will that be ok for a sealed sub enclosure?

Originally posted by TRDevelopment savant its a rolla 95' sedan, spare tire hole.

sorry mugen but ive seen one in there. and i think it can be done. i just need the right information on how to do it. will that be ok for a sealed sub enclosure?
Yes...you can do an enclosure in there. All you need is a baffle and some fiberglass:)

Send a PM to Ramos and he will give you specifics:)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.