WHeel well installation help!

Originally posted by TRDevelopment i need help on how to put one elemental 12 k on the wheel well. i dont know anything. pls advice. this is my last job until my system will be up and going. pls help.
If you dont know anything, i suggest you not do this. It is extremely hard and time consuming. You will have to know how to break down irregular shapes into normal shapes and find area...which can be VERY difficult might i add. Your best bet is to just make a regular box for the sub. If you still want to use the wheel well, try to make an amp rack for it first. I have some pics of mine i can show you if you want.

Originally posted by ridered36 If you dont know anything, i suggest you not do this. It is extremely hard and time consuming. You will have to know how to break down irregular shapes into normal shapes and find area...which can be VERY difficult might i add. Your best bet is to just make a regular box for the sub. If you still want to use the wheel well, try to make an amp rack for it first. I have some pics of mine i can show you if you want.
It's not very difficult at all to fiberglass a spare tire well. . .are you thinking wheel well or spare tire well?

- Steve

Originally posted by ridered36 If you dont know anything, i suggest you not do this. It is extremely hard and time consuming. You will have to know how to break down irregular shapes into normal shapes and find area...which can be VERY difficult might i add. Your best bet is to just make a regular box for the sub. If you still want to use the wheel well, try to make an amp rack for it first. I have some pics of mine i can show you if you want.
Worst advice ever... Working with Fiberglass isn't that hard to do, depending on application.. Building a glass box in the tire well isn't very hard, considering.. To get the volume, all you have to do is calc the rough volume of where the tire would go (volume of a cylinder), then figure out how much more you need, base that on a rectangle.. that tells you how big you need the 'box' above the hole..

Given the simple shape of the enclosure (all things considered), it's an easy task..

Or you could always lay a bag in there, fill it up with water or beans, and a calculate liters. . . then convert it to cubic feet:) I've had to do that before.

- Steve

OO i was guess i dint read the post carefully and i assumed he would be using 3/4 MDF. Fiberglass is a diff. story. I was also thinking it was to go on the side of the trunk by the actually wheel well, not the spare tire well.

Sorry if i caused you any confusion nswartley:)

Originally posted by ridered36 Sorry if i caused you any confusion nswartley:)
lol ridered, you make me laugh. im not the starter of this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

dont even need to line it --volumes is easy, fiberglass is water proof, fill it with buckets--just as presice as messuring a cubical box volume. and working with the glass in a well is very easy and a great way to learn how to glass, if you have never done it before, mess with small amount before you try the real thing so your not going "oh sh it" when you have a gallon of resin (a good $20-25) mixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.