Less bass

Johnjcruz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys so I have three 1200 watt 12's hooked up to a 3500 watt amp. They have always hit really hard. Well I just sold my Cadillac and got a kia optima. So I hook everything up in the kia and for some reason it's not hitting nearly as hard. The bass used to make some shake well in the car with the music up nd now it don't even tickle ur nose. Any ideas what it could be?

You definitely need to re-tune the amp after changing the source (headunit). If the headunit in the new vehicle is putting out a lower RCA voltage than in the previous vehicle, the output from the amp will be lower as well. Is it an aftermarket headunit or are you using a LOC with a stock headunit?
It could also just be the positioning of the box or changes in cabin gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...