Whats wrong with my apsm 1300???

Sounds like it didnt meet the criteria of the specs??Id scrap it out at a yard(alumn/copper/?),and trash the rest, and get a better made amp..Someone took a break/lunch,and didnt remember to finish up the amp properly on the assembly line, and pushed it on through..Did the amp ever shut down on you at all??Like Three Strikes,Youre out

Sounds like it didnt meet the criteria of the specs??Id scrap it out at a yard(alumn/copper/?),and trash the rest, and get a better made amp..Someone took a break/lunch,and didnt remember to finish up the amp properly on the assembly line, and pushed it on through..Did the amp ever shut down on you at all??Like Three Strikes,Youre out
no this was the first trouble I've had with it. its still under the warranty of 1 year. but why should i pay 50 bucks for their f up?

shouldn't they cover it or re embrues me?

no this was the first trouble I've had with it. its still under the warranty of 1 year. but why should i pay 50 bucks for their f up?shouldn't they cover it or re embrues me?
You would think they should as back in the days, when customer service was fantastic, and a warranty really was in affect for the product..those days are pretty much long gone,and its a shame..If you argue enough, you may be able to talk them into paying for the shipping, but im sure they will want a receipt from a tech /professional install as well...I asked because usually an amp will go as much,or use to,into protect mode only three times before actually taking a real dump..Did it over heat on you at all??What size power n ground wire used?Fused too?Stock electrical system?

You would think they should as back in the days, when customer service was fantastic, and a warranty really was in affect for the product..those days are pretty much long gone,and its a shame..If you argue enough, you may be able to talk them into paying for the shipping, but im sure they will want a receipt from a tech /professional install as well...I asked because usually an amp will go as much,or use to,into protect mode only three times before actually taking a real dump..Did it over heat on you at all??What size power n ground wire used?Fused too?Stock electrical system?
I installed it, but it was all done correctly. never got hot. 4 awg (biggest wire that fits) fused. volt meter never went beow 13v. stock electrical tho. i guess ill just give them h*ll lol

I installed it, but it was all done correctly. never got hot. 4 awg (biggest wire that fits) fused. volt meter never went beow 13v. stock electrical tho. i guess ill just give them h*ll lol
Well, my cell phone is unlimited long distance, and unlimited minutes...Id be calling everyday man..lol..Sorry to hear about your amp issues,on the other hand, the question would be,..were you happy with the performance of the amp when it was up and running, and would it be worth the $50 to send to get another working one??Or spend another $100-200 on another sub amp??

Well, my cell phone is unlimited long distance, and unlimited minutes...Id be calling everyday man..lol..Sorry to hear about your amp issues,on the other hand, the question would be,..were you happy with the performance of the amp when it was up and running, and would it be worth the $50 to send to get another working one??Or spend another $100-200 on another sub amp??
i think at this point i would rather put the 50 towards a better amp and scrap this one. I'm looking to up size and it would have been nice to get it fixed or get a new one from them so i could sell it and put that towards a new system

being as cheap as they are, i have the suspicion that they have one of a few brands of transistors installed, which use a cheaper metal. i've seen amps fail from the legs just falling off a coupke transistors, putting all the load on what's left, and those ones fail. wouldn't mind matching these 2..... and, he is right abpout the usps flat rate. 10.95, or $14...

Lol!! Now that's funny!! U have to send the place where u got the amp in the first place a shipping label to send it back.

i think at this point i would rather put the 50 towards a better amp and scrap this one. I'm looking to up size and it would have been nice to get it fixed or get a new one from them so i could sell it and put that towards a new system
chew them out and try to get the shipping and protection covered, get the new or fixed amp, sell amp for reasonable price to a newb, buy good amp.

Done

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.