Whats wrong with my apsm 1300???

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I haven't had my apsm for very long and it's broken. in order to get it replaced it will cost me shipping to and from florida plus protecting it. So it's hardly worth shipping it to get fixed.

These are pics of the amps guts as of now. I can't see anything burnt or any loose wires or anything. But when it is powered it is in protection mode and reads 0 with a dmm.

Gains were set set properly with a dmm and the amp wasn't pushed hard and I never let my voltage get below 13v.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

And if there is anything that I need to take a closer picture of tell me. I'm not 100% sure on specific amp parts so you might have to go by a shape or a coil thing lol.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

inb4 "it's an audiopipe"
Yeah audio poop.... just trying to figure out whats wrong or if theres anyway to get it fixed for less than the shipping to audio pipe?

You sure you didn't short anything? Have you checked your RCA's to make sure they are still intact? I find it hard to believe that amp just died with no real reason

Any way to take better pics of the guts? Does your camera have a macro mode? I have a sale pending on my blown apsm 1300 (user error), if you sell that on here you'll be lucky to get 20 shipped for it.
macro mode? The pics r just a pics i took with my laptops camera

You sure you didn't short anything? Have you checked your RCA's to make sure they are still intact? I find it hard to believe that amp just died with no real reason
Ik its not my electrical or anything because I have my cadence 250.2 running off a distro for my 12v, same ground spot also. both rca off my loc. and that amp is fine. then i hooked up my sub to the cadence and used the rcas that were hooked u to the apsm and its been running fine for over 2 weeks. So i'm just as confused...

some cameras/camerphones have whats called macro mode, or a focus adjustment that allows you to focus real close to the lens to grab lots of detail. A laptop cam most likely won't have that feature.
i don't think so lol its just photo booth on my mac. and question when ur amp blew did the power light flicker as well as having the protection light? cuz mines power light was flickering and the protection light was on. I triple checked my power and ground and rem and they were fine.

Mine was hooked up improperly by someone else straight from the box. They reversed the power and ground wires. It does turn on, but just makes a clicking noise and the lights flash.
okay, mines always made noise turning on but i think thats just what they do.

Mine was hooked up improperly by someone else straight from the box. They reversed the power and ground wires. It does turn on, but just makes a clicking noise and the lights flash.
I got switched around one time a while back, did that, when I went to cennect fuse it kept sparking real bad. Didn't blow fuse or mess up amp or anything

I got switched around one time a while back, did that, when I went to cennect fuse it kept sparking real bad. Didn't blow fuse or mess up amp or anything
none of my fuses blew either. i had one in my distro and one up by the batt both were fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.