Whats up with my subs taking a break

Dawgriderdanny
10+ year member

South Ms
I had 2 jbl 12s in a ported box that sat on my back seat of my silverado. They were powered by a jbl gto amp. They hit perfectly fine at any volume or eq setting

But when space was a problem i put the 2 jbls in a double seal box under my seat facing outward.

Now when ever the bass is up high the subs will stop hitting and then come back a few seconds later. It will not do this if the volume or bass level is low. The amp is on at all times as i watch this happen.

So the amp,subs and all the settings and adjustments are the same, Just the box it smaller and seal.

Why is it doin this? And how would a box affect this

I'd go with a tinsel lead, but then it wouldn't work on low power?

Check yo wires foo.

Or maybe you dropped your impedence with the amp and you need to retune the amp

Well i think its going on protect mode but the amp stays lit green. It comes on exactly 5 seconds after it stops hitting. It stops only when the bass is loud.

I'll go check out the wiring in the box later and see if something is wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.