Whats the worst system you could get for $2-$3g's

Rmsanger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Liberty...
Ok here is the situation: This kid in my neighborhood is turning 16. His parents just bought him a 01 or 02 Expedition(which he already knows about), but for his birthday they getting him some spinners and a sound sytem for it so that lil Jeffrey will be the coolest/happiest kid in school. His father is the basketball coach at the high school (which I graduated from 3 years ago) but my lil bro has always been in his classes. This kid is what you guys call around here a real ass hat! He not only stole the only position on the varsity basketball for an underclassmen away from my brother (who avg's about 20 points/game on JV) but he has been a real prick to him and everybody since they were in kindergarden together. He's the type of kid that would come to our house on christmas to see what my brother got and brag about how much more and better stuff that he got. Now my brother and I don't hate him because he's spoiled or because his mom makes 6 figures + but because he was always a lil **** about it....

Getting to the point I don't pity him and my brother asked my friend and I a favor. His parents have entrusted our next door neightbor Ron whom every parent and old person in the neighborhood calls "boom boy" or other stupid names to setup up their pressious Jeffries' sytem cause they all have heard Ron's work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif including my first car. So we both agreed we want to do him up dirty give him something to really brag about. His parents want to spend 2 to 3 grand on everything and they want Ron to do it all and don't want to know I thing about it. So we came up with an idea to build him the loudest most distorted sounding sytem on earth.

So far our best idea is Funky Pups which can be found on Nexxon. We'll go with 6 or 8 of them (12's). Have them all in a ported box (non carpeted of course) with their nice pink woofers proudly sticking out into view. He also found a couple pink neon dogs that we might be able to instal somehow with an ac/dc inverter. Then we though about going with pyle of poop amps or possibly jensen or optimus (radioshack style) amps. Maybe throw 1000 watts to them all should be good enough. The deck we still have to look for maybe the cheapest Sony that we can find? To top it off we'll get a whole bunch of puppy stickers and other things to decorate the box, ya know make it look pimp for all his "boys". Maybe throw in some Pink Neon's that hit with the base or that stay light.

This would be the greatest thing to happen in our neighborhood cause even the kids my age all hated this lil f'er growing up. When my dad got his new Avalon, the kid asked why he went cheap and didn't by a lexus (he does this kinda thing to everybody so even some adults think he's a lil shi!).

Ok so now you know why we want to do this kid up dirty, I just want your input on maybe some good ideas to humiliate thier little precious. We also were going to leave LIL Bow Wow in the deck so the first thing he hears is puppy luv! Please feel free to critisize, add in, or whatever... Don't mind the spelling it's 9:30 A.M. on a saturday morning and I don't feel like running a spell check...

oh btw... we'll probably fix it down the road out of respect to his parents cause they are nice people so were not complete ********. My neighbor's got plent of good stuff to throw in his car later I just want to see the precious look on his face when he first sees it. We'll get plent of pictures that will have Owned written all over it.

just get him all sony xplod stuff with the pink neons... the pups might be a little too obvious... ohh and get him like some 20 farad caps or useless **** like that

Rmsanger your gay.
If the kid has it coming to him he's got it coming to him. Don't go overkill though. You should at least get him 2-3g's worth of equipment. Why not buy those cheap chrome subwoofer bandpass systems on ebaY, just overinvest in looks. Think of it this way. If you invest most of the money into the looks and not the equipment he'll think its the **** cause it looks great and it won't be. For example, he could build a complete 3/4" plexiglass box w/ neons and the likes. That would be about a G right there. Caps are good, expensive ass wiring would be another good thing, then to top it off just get him some noname brand off ebay that nobody'll recognize so they wont tell him it's word-renown for being crap (like legacy or pyramid).

If it were me, I'd invest in almost any subwoofer off cmttrading.com and about 3 of those crappy 15's, get some custom plexi-box shipped (im sure i've seen a company that does custom work for those), get some JL wiring,a cuspid amp off ebay, 4 two-farade caps, Get some half-decent head unit so he doesnt start to wonder about his system being crap, and lets not forget about replacing the interior speakers with our good friend pyle.

Ok here is the situation: This kid in my neighborhood is turning 16. His parents just bought him a 01 or 02 Expedition(which he already knows about), but for his birthday they getting him some spinners and a sound sytem for it so that lil Jeffrey will be the coolest/happiest kid in school. His father is the basketball coach at the high school (which I graduated from 3 years ago) but my lil bro has always been in his classes.
so what? your about 21 years old? dont you have better things to do than mess with a 16yearold......

so what? your about 21 years old? dont you have better things to do than mess with a 16yearold......
blah blah blah...I know exactly what the author's talking about - when you go to a white-azz preppie school for your intelligence and they go cause of their parent's money and constantly brag - is what I've been through with regards to high school. Especially coming out of a lower-middle class family/neighborhood.

the kid has coming...however, sometimes the parents should be blamed.

I ain't trying to offend anybody or nothing. I can see if it's your hard-earned money and feel like rewarding yourself with a nice-sounding system - but this is the opposite situation.

People with money are gonna spend money is really how I see it - can't blame em for that; how they act afterwards, you can.

Its funny to think about but to actually do it is pretty dick. Specially since your wasting someone else money reguardless of if they ahve hella money or not. Maybe when i was 12 i woulda done somehting liek that but seriously jsut ****ing grow up. Do somehting big kid styl eliek beat his ass haha

ok I probably should have titled the post slightly different we'll probably maybe a grand worth of crap to put in their and bill the parents the rest. It's more of a practical joke, cause I guess everyone in our neighborhood wants in on it. It's gonna go down like this; his mom still has birthday parties for him, where she invites everybody in his class (small school) and everybody in the neighborhood. My bro got a smart ass card for him which everybody will sign. Something like blah blah blah... Happy Birthday but you can kiss our and then a pic of a donkey. We'll leave the card in the passenger side seat so our plan isn't given away. The point of the whole thing is to make it sound loud but awful with tons of distortion. Make it look pathetic but good enough so his mom doesn't notice beforehand.

To the kid who thought I should grow up, actually I am 21, but there's nothing wrong with having a lil fun. This lil prick has it coming to him. This is all taking place in my hometown in upstate NY but I'm actually in college in FL. My job is to do some research and help with the ideas, I have no part in the install what so ever. I'll probably only drive up to see this great moment.

oh one more thing... Just in case you think this it to bad it's just for a joke. The kid who is doing this will probably eat the cost because he plans on putting in a good system for him later depending what his reaction is.

how about stack 2 audiobahn bandpass already built sub boxes on top of each other side by side or something or get 4 of them and get 4 legacy "1800" watt amps. might want to get one of those cd players from wal mart. deffinatly need to get tons of pink neons. that would be halarious to see his face.

I've got it. Pop in a nice Road Gear CD player from walmart (had one on golfcart lol). "our good friend pyle" - that's just hilarious. Yeah, I believe you that this kid is a complete prick and deserves to look stupid because he is stupid; people should get what's coming for them yes. Screw the parents, they spoil the kid, and I've never heard of parents paying for a kid's expensive audio system. Talk about idiot parents, max out their credit. Hell, I would take $2000 dollars for myself and put the rest into some loud distorting speakers/subs if I were the installer, if at all possible. I hate kids like you describe (I am 17 in HS and there used to be this complete idiot with an Escalade with a Kove system. It was always fun to ask him how "daddy's system was doing", hehehe). Plus, why feel bad that you helped waste their money? It's not a crime, and they are stupid enough to fall for it, plus it probably won't dent their financial situation at all (esp. if they buy the kid spinners). SO, recommended brands are (crappiest I could think of, plus $1000+ of anything is loud):

Pyle, Road Gear, Sony, Legacy, anything else from Walmart, Funky Pups, American Pro, etc. Well, another thing is, you COULD spend all the money on good subs and amps, but screw everything up and make it all clip and distort and blow things out so it sounds horrible. Like just make it sound horrible somehow by messing with settings and having sucky boxes, etc., and tell him to fix it himself, but he couldn't. That'd be hilarious.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.