Whats the most Power I can put through 2 Alpine Type R's???

e32lover
10+ year member

Norway
Hello,

I have 2 12" Alpine Type R subs, the 2003 models.

To run them, i am considering either:

MTX 8100D (1500w @2ohm?)

or

Alpine MRD 1005 (1000w @ 2ohm).

or

Earthquake D2

I would like to keep my whole system alpine (yeah i know its stupid but hey), but if the type R's would benefit from having that extra power, then I will happily go for the MTX or the D2. (Which is better)???

Basically, will their be any advantage running these subs from the MTX or D2 as opposed to the Alpine?

THanks, your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

yes it does....ive had it benched after using it for 2 months and it puts out 1058 watts at 2 ohms....dont talk if u have no clue what ur talkin about....and yes it is very efficient

if those type R's are 2003 models.. then I wouldn't send more then 450watts to each speaker. The RMS is around 300.. and from what I remember, they don't handle much more.

If you do choose to run one of those amps.. make sure you watch your gains.

Dustin

i wouldnt go over 1kwrms if you dont know exactly what youre doing.. i think after that it might start to not like the power in a hurry.. matter of fact, i perspnally wouldnt send them over like 750

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.