whats the boner these days ?

I think that is where this stupid tuning to 20hz thing came from, I'm at 55hz and it will play to 10hz strong. I'm running a horn but still.
Tuning to 20hz? For car audio? Who does that? lol That is certainly not a 'boner' around here.

As for tuning to 55hz but will play 10hz strong, nice job, but that's hardly the norm. You seem to be implying that is a normal situation, it is not, and suggesting so is giving bad advice imo. Below tuning, a speaker will unload, no matter what you claim your system does. Mechanical limits are very enclosure specific, but for most vented enclosures you'll want to start off setting your SSF to about a half octave below tuning, and adjust it from there to compensate for your specific system's enclosure size and power available.

I guess you guys are right. Doing quick research tells me SSA xcon is a good woofer for SQ and SPL. Looking for a woofer that will take 1000-1500RMS easily. I'm looking for a balance between sq and sql. daily driver. amp will depend on the subs coils, but probably looking into sundown 2500 or a hifonics 2600. nothing set in stone yet.

I say the boner recently is crescendo and with good reasons too! Great quality stuff and budget friendly!!

Sundown sa series subs blew up crazy! Again, great product for a good price! Not trying to disrespect other companies but a lot of the new companies coming out basically look like copycats of subs like sa series subs!!!

sundown SAs show to be only 600RMS for a 15" woofer. If underrated, will it take 1500rms easily?

take it? Probably.Easily? Nah, then again depends oon box and how clean ur signal is...y nt just run 2 sa 12s?
essentially, i planned on running a 3k rms amp over two woofers. just looking for the woofers that will take the power no problem.

s*** i got the jl 13.5 w7 for 400 with a box built to specs d*** is the box big and does it hit so effing hard well worth it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.