installing bass blockers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
trying to install these to my stock door speakers because when turned up loud the bass distorts the sound A LOT.

View attachment 26526883

I have no clue how to do it tho :/ guy at audio shop said to attach them to the + wire on the speaker. But how do i even attack that little thing to a wire??? lol. can someone help me out please?

well do you have an amplifier for the speakers or just using the headunit, what kinda headunit. And to answer the question just solder them inline on the + wire

well do you have an amplifier for the speakers or just using the headunit, what kinda headunit. And to answer the question just solder them inline on the + wire
No i dont have an amp for the speakers and im using a sony xplod cdx-gt35uw HU. What does soldering them inline mean? lol

Just cut your positive wire somewhere near the speaker and wrap the two ends around the metal on it.
So wrap those two metal wire that are on the bass blocker around the + wire then plug it back in with the blocker wraped around? Is there a certain way to wrap it or just randomly wrap it to where it wont fall off? Also by cut the wire do you mean strip the rubber stuff off to where the metal is exposed? then wrap it around that?

trying to install these to my stock door speakers because when turned up loud the bass distorts the sound A LOT.
View attachment 26526883

I have no clue how to do it tho :/ guy at audio shop said to attach them to the + wire on the speaker. But how do i even attack that little thing to a wire??? lol. can someone help me out please?
Do me a favor, and please dont attack it. Instead try attaching it :p

i don't recommend using the bass blockers. for one, they are simple first order units - 6db/octave slope isn't sufficient to reduce the bass on your mids. the other thing is, they apparently cause some abnormality in the frequency response, perhaps a bump in the range, that potentially make things worse. i can't remember the technicalities behind it, it was so long ago. i know first hand many many years ago, i tried many difference inline caps, at many difference frequencies, and they did nothing to stop my mids from over excursing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.