whats the boner these days ?

its calmed down a bit, but Fi was hailed as the "end-all" to all sub companies for a minute.

any thread concerning subs, Sundown will most likely come up.

most everyone hates Kicker and JL....

its calmed down a bit, but Fi was hailed as the "end-all" to all sub companies for a minute.any thread concerning subs, Sundown will most likely come up.

most everyone hates Kicker and JL....
The ONLY problem i have with JLstuff is taht it's retarded over priced, I'd love to have 4 or so 13w7's

The ONLY problem i have with JLstuff is taht it's retarded over priced, I'd love to have 4 or so 13w7's
i agree on that, but ill see threads about people who found a JL sub for a great deal and people will still bash it and recommend something "louder" IMO, JL is not all about loud. They're about tight, clean bass that still gets pretty loud. I can personally say I have LOVED all of my JL subs and they last forever (besides the effin surrounds, but thats an easy fix). Would i pay full price for JL, nope! But if i found a 12w7 on CL for 250 (which i have, but it sold b4 i got to it)....id def go grab it!

i agree on that, but ill see threads about people who found a JL sub for a great deal and people will still bash it and recommend something "louder" IMO, JL is not all about loud. They're about tight, clean bass that still gets pretty loud. I can personally say I have LOVED all of my JL subs and they last forever (besides the effin surrounds, but thats an easy fix). Would i pay full price for JL, nope! But if i found a 12w7 on CL for 250 (which i have, but it sold b4 i got to it)....id def go grab it!
exactly

The problem isn't usually that the enclosure won't play low but rather the fact that in a standard ported enclosure you get a lot of unloading 5-10Hz below tuning. I'm also willing to bet if you modeled up a ported enclosure for 55hz tuning anything below 35-40 is non existent.
modeling means nothing, real world test I would be very similar to my current pass band with a lot less punch.

my car has a loading wall so it makes me tune much higher to play flat

and I'm glad ssa has such low sales figures maybe that will pull the **** out their ***

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

oh and my next subs are probably going to be w7's since I just sold my sigs

modeling means nothing, real world test I would be very similar to my current pass band with a lot less punch.
my car has a loading wall so it makes me tune much higher to play flat

and I'm glad ssa has such low sales figures maybe that will pull the **** out their ***

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

oh and my next subs are probably going to be w7's since I just sold my sigs
Wow, thanks for that. Sales figures are not bad, just not boner level. Sorry we don't have a horde of product pushing fan boy's that don't know what they are talking about, or false make promises, or build in china to have massive margins, or give away tons of free equipment, or have endless pre-sales, etc. etc. **** those ethics getting in the way again. But keep up the unfounded hating, it is entertaining. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wow, thanks for that. Sales figures are not bad, just not boner level. Sorry we don't have a horde of product pushing fan boy's that don't know what they are talking about, or false make promises, or build in china to have massive margins, or give away tons of free equipment, or have endless pre-sales, etc. etc. **** those ethics getting in the way again. But keep up the unfounded hating, it is entertaining. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Don't worry about Wenn. As I'm sure you already know, he fails at the internet pretty badly. The dude doesn't have a good rep on any forum, and even changed his name on SMD because his usual one(like on here) had such a bad rep.

Sales figures are not bad, just not boner level.
Psh. They seem pretty boner level. Funny seeing people posting their order #'s on your forum knowing what mine is and the small amount of time between them.

Good ****. Still can't wait for my DCON to finish!

Already thinking about how I can fit 1-2 more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.