whats the best RE 12??

Depends on how much money you want to spend. The RMS on that thing is 1600 but I've heard a lot of people love to put around 2000 to it.

JBL 1200.1 would be alright, Hifonics BX1500D are a few suggestions.

i'm gonna be buying an re xxx and throwing a pg tantrum 1200.1 on it which is rated at almost 1500 watts rms in a ported box. pg amp is very underrated and should push it well i hope.

i will prolly go sealed because it takes up less space,and i also might want to add 2 jl 10's later.thanks for the info,im tryin to get things figured out here.

i will prolly go sealed because it takes up less space,and i also might want to add 2 jl 10's later.thanks for the info,im tryin to get things figured out here.
What exaclty is the reasoning behind adding some JL 10s to a system with a 12" RE XXX or other???

I would not add 2 sizes of subs (especially different Brands) especially to play in the same ranges...

I could see maybe 1 15" vented, crossed over for your lowest octaves and having 2 10"s crossed over as midbass then the rest of your mids/tweets....

I think it would look mismatched and funky with the sub brands like (JL10-RE12-JL10) I'd say do (RE-RE-RE) or (JL-JL-JL) after you put a lot of time and effort into your setup, you don't want it looking like you were just collecting crap and throwing together a system...

yeah thats true..but i want to get the most out of it.so yoru resomending say a re 12 and maby 2 10's?
NO Not really... I think its kinda pointless...

I was saying if you for some reason had your mind set on having 2 different size subs in the same car do the following

• Make sure each size driver, is setup to cover its own range.
  • try not to mix brand subs...
Do you have anything right now to work with? Amps, Subs, Midbasses, Mids/tweets

A common idea is if you are running a vented enclosure it will be really efficient in the lower octaves, but maybe not in the higher octaves of the low end region of the sound spectrum... Meaning it hits really well i the really low sub bass areas, but not so well in the uppper bass or mid bass areas and it may seem like something is missing... Use somethig for Midbass... It doesn't have to be a equal size sub... Could be a 6 or an 8...

Example...

I'm going with several 12"s in a vented enclsoure.... I will aslso have 2-3 6.5"s upfront to cover midbass and mid range frequencies...

I would recomend someone with (1-2) 12"s in a vented enclosure have 1 set of 5.25s or 6.5s that can extend low enough to cover the mid bass frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.