6.5" components for a small truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

loose_cannon

Philly
i have an 06 Colorado with the small cab. i'm planning on putting in some 6.5" components and an amp which will be the sole source of audio in the car. any suggestions for a set that will be able to deliver a great listening experience without any other help? i'll probably add some deafening in the doors to help out. thanks.

looking to get the best all around sound from one pair of 6.5" speakers. would like to get some decent bass out of them, if possible.
Cdt make a really nice set that you may like. The Mids are actually subs and if the doors are sealed properly you'll love the mid bass from them Also what amp are you looking at. And have you considered a 8" sub possibly in the mix

Cdt make a really nice set that you may like. The Mids are actually subs and if the doors are sealed properly you'll love the mid bass from them Also what amp are you looking at. And have you considered a 8" sub possibly in the mix
could you link the Cdt set? i haven't started looking into amps yet... i figured the approach would be to decide on speakers then figure out the best amp for them, though maybe i have that backwards. i've thought about adding a sub, but it seems like it would be a lot of work with disappointing results considering the lack of enclosure space in the truck cabin.

could you link the Cdt set? i haven't started looking into amps yet... i figured the approach would be to decide on speakers then figure out the best amp for them, though maybe i have that backwards. i've thought about adding a sub, but it seems like it would be a lot of work with disappointing results considering the lack of enclosure space in the truck cabin.
That's why I said an 8" sub

Great highs but no bass just a heads up just like the memphis mcc6 they sound great but 100hz on down is non existent
That's why I said my favorite 6.5 inch speakers are 12". There is no 6.5ers making any bass to speak of. I think the best anyone could hope for is a pair with good excursion(for a 6.5) so what little depth into the lower realm of frequency will be clean. Most component sets will have crossovers blocking anything under 70-80 ish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.