whats some stuff I can do to a box to make it cool/louder

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
Just wondering if anyone could throw out some ideas i could do on my next box to make it Louder or look cooler, open to suggestions, nothing hard to do or requiring skillz

box is going to be firing toward the back gate both subs and port

4.5-5cubes per sub @33hz

right now im going to resin the inside of the box

i want to do 45s in the corner

dont know about bracing yet, wheter it be threaded rod or 1 1/4 dowels

i know im doing double baffle

*what else to make it louder?*

and what are some things to make it look cool, routering, what kind of material to cover it with, cheap-ish, nothing to make it perform worse, how thick of plexi would you have to use on it? i know meade had plexi-glass with his MTs

open for ideas no guarantees about them though

also ive been thinking of places to mount th amps and i was thingkin on top of the box to mount the goliath, but since it glows i dont know about doing that, might say steal me all over it and it would be easy to see in daylight, so i wasthinkinhg of doing it like this with just the goliath mounted, and putting the 8002 in the compart ment in the floor, because its big and isnt closed off and i can put fans if i need to, this is where all my ugle wiring is going

DSC03812.jpg

2 15s of something, MT's if they dont sell or maybe BTL's, MT's arnt the right ohm-age it will put the amp at 1.4, i want to atleast run it at.7 then after box rise it will raise up a little

duct tape?

Flair/round the port walls, 45s in the corners is good also

resin on the inside sometimes loses Db's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

duct tape?
Flair/round the port walls, 45s in the corners is good also

resin on the inside sometimes loses Db's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
fur real?

im going to round off the ports

roundover the edges... spray with high build primer, then sand your ass off making it smooth, then spray with a few layers of paint... wetsand your ass off... then clear coat... and sand some more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

mirror finish + rounded corners = pimp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.