Box for Firebird?

hondacr125
10+ year member

I have a 1994 firebird and 2-10 pioneer premiers (trying to sell), i would like to install them but i am not sure of how to build the box. My dad says that I could just cut a board that fits over the rear compartment and use brackets to hold it down, so that the part where the subs are mounted is wood, and space behind the rear seats is the rest of the box. Would that seal well enough to make it sound decent? Any suggestions on what to do? Installing monday, so i need some ideas quickly.

Is the rear compartment sealed for the most part?

If so, that would work extremely well. It is called an Infinite Baffle or IB installation. I would make sure to seal up your trunk from the cabin if you do choose to do this type of install, because if any of the rear wave reaches the front of the cabin it will cause a bit of phase cancellation (loss of SPL:crying: )

BE AWARE THOUGH, the subwoofers will reach maximum excursion with much less power than in a traditional sealed or ported enclosure, so dont give them a ton.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.