whats it actually going to cost me?

is that audio technix stuff good?
Its alright, but not the best. 99% of the nuthugging is because the guy is a vendor here and its cheap. People around here dont care about quality, they care about getting as loud as possible for as little as possible.

The AT is good quality, not as good as the SS damp pro, but it's price reflects that. Just about everyone that's used it has been pleased as far as I have seen.

Last question lol anyone tryed Dynamat? actaully found 12sq foot for 35 on sonic. What thickness of mat should i be looking for minimum?

Its alright, but not the best. 99% of the nuthugging is because the guy is a vendor here and its cheap. People around here dont care about quality, they care about getting as loud as possible for as little as possible.
We are not trying to have the absolute best deadener on the market. I would be lying if I said Audio Technix had the best product on the market. We are trying to have the "best bang for you buck" product. For the price I do believe you can't beat us. With our current 15% off special you can get our 60 mil for $2 a sq ft and our 80 mil for $2.99 a sq ft. Please tell me a better product that can be had for the same price or cheaper than Audio Technix.

Any where from 6 to 15 sq ft. It depends on how much coverage you do. 3 sq ft per door will be enough to make a difference.

I would suggest staying way from companies that use an asphalt adhesive.

I got 50 feet of b-stock for 100$, shipped. That's 2$/ft^2, SHIPPED! I am waiting to try it out. I thought door deadening took more like 10-15 ft^2 per door, especially with a layer on the outer panel and a layer on the inner panel (but I have never done it before, just what I have heard.) Or do you not have do deaden both panels? If 50 square feet could do my doors and at least part of my parcel shelf I would be ecstatic. Oh and for what it's worth, I have heard asphalt products are disgusting and will smell and have smelled the nastiness from peal-n-seal in a nice car and I would definitely never put the stuff in my car.

I got 50 feet of b-stock for 100$, shipped. That's 2$/ft^2, SHIPPED! I am waiting to try it out. I thought door deadening took more like 10-15 ft^2 per door, especially with a layer on the outer panel and a layer on the inner panel (but I have never done it before, just what I have heard.) Or do you not have do deaden both panels? If 50 square feet could do my doors and at least part of my parcel shelf I would be ecstatic. Oh and for what it's worth, I have heard asphalt products are disgusting and will smell and have smelled the nastiness from peal-n-seal in a nice car and I would definitely never put the stuff in my car.
All thats needed is 25% coverage of flat panels. Any more than that and your wasting product. If you still get vibrations between panels you need to look at Closed Cell Foam. Panels with bends or support bars dont need it. Naturally they are more resistant to vibrations compared to the flat panels with nothing there.

So absolutely no gains would be made by covering the entire surface in deadening? I was reading the (stickied) FAQ and it suggested to cover the entire surface. It wouldn't kill road noise or anything like that? I always kindof thought that deadening was designed not only to stop panel vibration but also to insulate the passenger compartment from the outside and vice-versa.

My truck has some ridiculously bad panels that vibrate constantly (not against other things, just the metal itself vibrating). If I could quiet them down with a couple square feet of deadener, I would be very happy.

So absolutely no gains would be made by covering the entire surface in deadening? I was reading the (stickied) FAQ and it suggested to cover the entire surface. It wouldn't kill road noise or anything like that? I always kindof thought that deadening was designed not only to stop panel vibration but also to insulate the passenger compartment from the outside and vice-versa.
My truck has some ridiculously bad panels that vibrate constantly (not against other things, just the metal itself vibrating). If I could quiet them down with a couple square feet of deadener, I would be very happy.
If you want to stop road noise the proper product is MLV (mass loaded vinyl).

so i can just pop the panel off and use 6sq foot a door and be set right? Its a single cab 08 dodge for the record. Do u think the Dynomat is a better/more efficent product? I order from sonic alot and i need some other things, so if its a good one to get its just easyer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.