whats causing this

Participant count
  • Participant list

dan3286
10+ year member

nc
the volume on my stereo will just randomly turn down and i just wanted to make sure its nothin bad. its a 93 with a stock system. ill drive down the road and it will randomly turn itself down.... is it just a bad h/u or is it somethin that could really mess up the car

A lot of the newer cars and trucks have a feature that will increase the volume if the road noise increases (for example). It will also decrease the volume as you get off the Interstate or as it senses the road noise decreasing. This feature can usually be turned off or it's sensitivity adjusted. The cars I have seen it was a collar knob around the volume knob. I'd suggest getting out your car's manual and see what it has to say.

Hope that helps. God bless you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.