whats a good SQ sub to pick?

trgft
10+ year member

I have a set of 2 kicker 12'L7s powered by 1 ZX1500, and an old sony Xplod 1600W support two eclipse. since I came to this forum, I found that L7s are nothing but loud and I'm more into sound quality. what would be a good SQ sub to go with the zx1500?

I've seen that Fi and Re both are popular on here?

I have a set of 2 kicker 12'L7s powered by 1 ZX1500, and an old sony Xplod 1600W support two eclipse. since I came to this forum, I found that L7s are nothing but loud and I'm more into sound quality. what would be a good SQ sub to go with the zx1500?
SBrands/subs specializing or geared more towards SQ:

JL

Morel

Hertz

Fi Q

ID

SSA ICON

So are some of the best ones right off of the top of my head. Hard to go wrong with any one from that list.

If you actually go by WINISD instead of what Kicker recommends, they need much larger boxes than recommended to approach a butterworth alignment, meaning a somewhat flat response. They can be made to sound pretty decent, you just might be shocked however at how much space it will require. Turn the bass boost off and dont push them so hard either. A sub going full blast will never sound as good as one working within its limits.

are you saying you have a crap xplode amp pushing 2 eclipses? Put the kicker amp on the eclipses and you will be going in the right direction.

Fi Q with BP can take 1300+ so that would be an awesome pick.

anythign on bringdabooms list is great including the JL w7.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.