whats a good amp for my subs

Repoman79

Nj
ok people I have two soundqubed HDS312 subs 1200rms each 2400w total power im wiring them down to 1ohms. im trying to fine a good amp for them so far im looking at the hifonics brx2400.1d monoblock or brz2100.1d brutus series monoblock for like $250 what you think

So you're gonna run 2000-3000 rms on stock alt and single starter battery? Remember the subs RMS is usually under rated and you want over head on your amp. Last thing you want is to have to squeeze out every watt you can from an amp just to minimally power your subs. Not sure why every always goes cheap on stuff spend the extra money and do things right :

So you're gonna run 2000-3000 rms on stock alt and single starter battery? Remember the subs RMS is usually under rated and you want over head on your amp. Last thing you want is to have to squeeze out every watt you can from an amp just to minimally power your subs. Not sure why every always goes cheap on stuff spend the extra money and do things right :
Yeah, you'll need an HO alt for this. I agree with the 3k amp is well.

So you're gonna run 2000-3000 rms on stock alt and single starter battery? Remember the subs RMS is usually under rated and you want over head on your amp. Last thing you want is to have to squeeze out every watt you can from an amp just to minimally power your subs. Not sure why every always goes cheap on stuff spend the extra money and do things right :yes I kno about the alt and im also getting a 2nd battery im trying to buy everthing lil by lil my system is not for competition just for daily cruzin around jamming lol

please dont go hifonics, its cheap power! i almost made the mistake before, but than heard one, nothing special unless you really are on a budget, and if not do what i did for electrical before i even installed the system, new battery, new alt, and big 3, there should be no worries but its pricy

Depends on hifonics model. Ran one for a few years no problem at all and sounded just fine. It's hit or miss or so it appears. On a budget it's not a bad choice

lol no, I don't know anyone. Check ebay or other forums. Think you can get new under $400. You can do hifonics, but get the extended 3yr warranty from sonic, it's pretty cheap. I only have experience with one hifonics amp, blew after about 6yrs. I think quality equipment will and should last much longer than that if you take care of it. Either way, either you spend more now or spend even more later.

lol no, I don't know anyone. Check ebay or other forums. Think you can get new under $400. You can do hifonics, but get the extended 3yr warranty from sonic, it's pretty cheap. I only have experience with one hifonics amp, blew after about 6yrs. I think quality equipment will and should last much longer than that if you take care of it. Either way, either you spend more now or spend even more later.
well I just wanna say I appreciate everyones help im starting from scratch again I had a set up ready to be install my car and some peace of **** broke in my garage and stole everything so im trying to buy everything lil by lil im new to all this lol thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.