Amp shutting down (saftey mode?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
When i play my music loud, when the bass comes in heavy, it completly shuts down my Speaker Amps. IT doesnt do it often, but hot times are when it was around 70 outside, and i played it for around 20 minutes heavily, or first thing in the morning, ive checked and i dont belive its the heat, it stays pretty cool

Bad ground, gain to high, low voltage
since i have both my amps grounded to the same spot, would that elimenate that option since the sub amp will still play when this occures? Ill check the gain but im pretty sure its right around 50% on the speaker amp and around 60-70 on the sub amp

since i have both my amps grounded to the same spot, would that elimenate that option since the sub amp will still play when this occures? Ill check the gain but im pretty sure its right around 50% on the speaker amp and around 60-70 on the sub amp
The position of the gain does not mean its 50% power. By the looks of it you are having bad voltage drop, the sub amp is clipping and drawing a lot of current. If you are running a stock alternator you are doing it wrong

The position of the gain does not mean its 50% power. By the looks of it you are having bad voltage drop, the sub amp is clipping and drawing a lot of current. If you are running a stock alternator you are doing it wrong
yeah my DC alt just shipped out a few days ago, i guess i can manage not to blair is so long, but the sub clipping? i am not too sure about that unless i am just misunderstanding what clipping is but ive looked into it

yeah my DC alt just shipped out a few days ago, i guess i can manage not to blair is so long, but the sub clipping? i am not too sure about that unless i am just misunderstanding what clipping is but ive looked into it

You need to set the gain right.If you have 2v preouts you never should go past 50%
how do i know what "v"s i got?? and on my sub amp there is no gain but an input level?? the speaker amp has it and i just turned them down, ill secure the ground later after school, it ***** bumping only to have the real sounds stop mid drop

how do i know what "v"s i got?? and on my sub amp there is no gain but an input level?? the speaker amp has it and i just turned them down, ill secure the ground later after school, it ***** bumping only to have the real sounds stop mid drop
You've got 4V pre-outs. Input level is the gain...tells the amp the strength of signal to expect. Does the sub still keep playing when speaker amp shuts off?

You've got 4V pre-outs. Input level is the gain...tells the amp the strength of signal to expect. Does the sub still keep playing when speaker amp shuts off?
yes, subs dont change what so ever, the speakers just start cutting in and out until i turn it really low, also sometimes the amps turn on when i start my car but wont play music, but i turned down the gain on both and sanded down the ground in hopes

On my sub amp, i just turned it down to under 1/2, and same with the speaker amps, i dont know exactly but i just played with them an hour ago
The quattro gain goes from 4V to 0.2V and you have it set at 2 so you're most likely overdriving it. It needs to be set pretty close to the minimum. Keep in mind, if you're lacking output...turn up the volume, not the gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.