What would you do?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I wouldn't. I hadn't thought about it until you said something. But that's one of the 2 reasons I changed the alternator in my truck. The 2 SALT 4's wouldn't be too happy with the 15.3v cold starts and random charging from my vehicle regulated charging system, and neither would my LifePo4 lithium battery. So I bypassed the RVC and will be getting a constant 14.7v from the alternator. No weird fluctuations.

You have to keep an eye on working voltage.

2-12's totally sealed off on a 5K. He tried his azz off. It wasn't easy but he finally broke 150. He didn't like that my 4-8's were scoring higher on the meter.
Was it still a decently musical box? Or did he tune it specifically to hit 150?
You have to keep an eye on working voltage.
I'll have a voltage meter in the truck reading at the amplifiers. If it turns out I need more, I'll keep upgrading until it's legit. I didn't spend all this money so far to end up not 100% legit.... or at least 90% lol

Was it still a decently musical box? Or did he tune it specifically to hit 150?

I'll have a voltage meter in the truck reading at the amplifiers. If it turns out I need more, I'll keep upgrading until it's legit. I didn't spend all this money so far to end up not 100% legit.... or at least 90% lol

I know that he wanted to hit 150 and he did it on music. He also hit a smelly (coil) 160 on music in his Tahoe on music.

Full coverage plus comprehensive insurance. On that note; we have been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
I personally think I'll be fine. In my company, if I transfer to the yard I want to transfer to, I'll lose my company truck, but I wouldn't even be getting on the freeway to get to the yard. 20 minutes tops. But, happy wife, happy life. If she pushes this hard enough, I have to cave. I've got pretty decent insurance coverage, but no, it's not full coverage. It would probably be a good idea to look into that and see how much it would be to insure the truck to include all the audio equipment I've put into it. That might be a better route than buying another vehicle and having to pay insurance on that as well.
On the other side.... once I'm done installing the equipment in my truck....I won't have another project to screw with.... maybe another car to ruin would be fun lol

Sounds like you are missing the point of a commuter.
My wife looks at it as a commuter....I look at it as another project car to put a bunch of speakers in🤣. If I get it, it'll be a 20 minute drive that I don't even have to get on the freeway during. She just doesn't want anything to happen to my truck. Which I can understand. But maybe another project car would be fun after I'm done fiddling with my truck 🤷‍♂️
Just me not knowing a thing about foreign cars, figured I'd ask and see if someone had a leg up on information regarding "hey, if you're buying it basically just to slap a system in, look into getting this and here's why". I would hate to buy something and it ends up being damn near impossible to install something decently big into because of impossible to upgrade the electrical or maybe it might look big, but you really don't have any room to put anything into it.
I admit, my priorities aren't necessarily normal lol

I look at it as another project car to put a bunch of speakers in🤣.

2009-2016 Toyota Venza
Mechman makes a 240 amp alt for the 3.5 v6. But maybe Singer could wrap some more windings and make you something special.
BUT
Google tells me it has 70 cubic feet of cargo area.
4 18s please and thank you :eek::ROFLMAO:

I admit, my priorities aren't necessarily normal lol
From what you say, it looks like the seed has taken hold. If going with a Lexus, the pros are hi-po OEM alternator, insulated cabin, trunk space, and a nice plug & play Tesla screen.
Screenshot_20211208-111604.png

2009-2016 Toyota Venza
Mechman makes a 240 amp alt for the 3.5 v6. But maybe Singer could wrap some more windings and make you something special.
BUT
Google tells me it has 70 cubic feet of cargo area.
4 18s please and thank you :eek::ROFLMAO:
That would be f'n awesome. Trick is finding a used one for around $20,000. But I'll definitely keep that in mind.
When I actually go to purchase an alternator, I'll actually call around to brand X, Singer, and wherever else you guys say is quality. I've only dealt with mechman personally because I've always had a Chevy, and it was easy to just grab one of theirs lol.

From what you say, it looks like the seed has taken hold. If going with a Lexus, the pros are hi-po OEM alternator, insulated cabin, trunk space, and a nice plug & play Tesla screen.
View attachment 34355
Brotha, the seed took hold when I was 13, 26 years ago🤣 I'm just finally in a position financially where I can actually have fun with my addiction lol.
Whatever I get, there's no way what I'm going to put into it is going to be able to run off a stock alternator, or why even upgrade the system in my opinion lol. I'm really looking to ruin whatever I get.
Trunk/ cargo space is a huge plus! I don't know for certain, but it looks like Lexus' tend to be a bigger body vehicle than it's Toyota counterparts. Though you definitely pay for it, even used. (As I'm seeing, looking over the Lexus dealerships website my buddy works at)
That Tesla style screen is kind of cool looking too! I'll have to keep that in mind. But, Eben just a single din deck with a detachable gave will serve my purpose. It would be a nice flex to completely ruin a luxury car, and also have some big ass, ridiculous screen🤣

I'm also thinking, I'm going to have to bag at least the rear end to compensate for all the added weight. Not knowing a damn thing about that aspect, can it be harder to find bags for some models than others?

Put helper bags on my 2010 focus. Was super simple and they are pretty easy to get.
I'm putting some of those on my truck. They where vehicle specific though... at least that's what it said anyway.
Are they usually vehicle specific? Or are they pretty universal as long as you find the right size bags?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Dafaseles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date