Do not upgrade firmware in Pioneer unit

See if the update program is different from Pioneer Europe than the one for Pioneer USA. My pioneer single din would not update off of the USA site. I downloaded it from pioneer eu and it worked. The eu file was larger than the USA file, so I decided to give it a try.

I was having trouble with the Bluetooth on the old firmware is the reason I was looking for a update.

Yep. I have a Pioneer in my new truck (3 years old) and wife’s SUV (1.5 years old) and there is always issues it seems (unit will randomly restart itself, sometimes it will stay off even, sometimes it won’t connect via Bluetooth and even usb). I like the NEX series to go active the cheap way and like the looks/interface of Pioneer but these will likely be my last Pioneer units. The JVC (4 years old) in my old truck has yet to give me one issue.

Yep. I have a Pioneer in my new truck (3 years old) and wife’s SUV (1.5 years old) and there is always issues it seems (unit will randomly restart itself, sometimes it will stay off even, sometimes it won’t connect via Bluetooth and even usb). I like the NEX series to go active the cheap way and like the looks/interface of Pioneer but these will likely be my last Pioneer units. The JVC (4 years old) in my old truck has yet to give me one issue.
Same here man. Sometimes I have to connect/disconnect blue tooth a few times for it to work. And that’s for music. As far as phone calls, I can hear callers but they can not hear me. Think I’m pretty much done with Pioneer myself until they can prove better products as far as head units. My unit is a NEX that is about 2-3 years old.

It’s damn near impossible to hear my wife when she’s in her SUV and the mic is literally right by her face. It’s so annoying. The wireless CarPlay is so damn buggy that I just end up plugging in usb most of the time (which is at least less buggy).

It’s damn near impossible to hear my wife when she’s in her SUV and the mic is literally right by her face. It’s so annoying. The wireless CarPlay is so damn buggy that I just end up plugging in usb most of the time (which is at least less buggy).
I never use the wireless. Right when I get in, i plug in usb. And your right, it’s not perfect but better than wireless, for the most part.
I really want to get a different brand unit but there aren’t much to choose from right now unless you want to spend close to $1000 or get a Boss h/u.

My wireless car play and my blue tooth audio streaming seem to locked into a never ending battle to the death.
Both seek control and it keeps bouncing back and forth.
I end up loosing the audio sometimes and have to unhook everything and start over to get it back.
Now I just use the USB cable and plug it in so I don't have to deal with the drama.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...