What type of electrical for (2) strapped SAZ-1500's?

Twistid
5,000+ posts

I need to upgrade my electrical for (2) strapped SAZ-1500's on a dual 2 mach 5 SPL thats going to be run at 1ohm. Right now I have a stock battery under the hood and a hc600 in the back with a run of 0 gauge to rear battery with a ground that was drilled in the metal under the carpet in the trunk.

I was thinkin a red top in the front, with a kinetik 800 to go in the back with the 600? The main thing is im strapped for space in the rear, the box takes up nearly all the space and i can fit a battery the width of the hc600 in there, thats about it, it can be long, just not wide.. Mayby 2 more 600's ?

Try upgrading the stock battery. Figure out how much space you have to spare in the battery compartment and then find the biggest Deep cycle battery to put in there. Some of the Odyssey batteries have more power storage than the Kinetiks, and some models can cost less so you might look into them.

so a good size and quality battery under the hood and another one in the trunk and i should be fine?

im really hoping to avoid a new alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

110 amp stock alt is pretty decent, I've been running my stock 105 amp alt for a while with a Yellow Top up front, Kinetik 2400 in the rear and the Big 3 done and have no voltage problems. When I have some extra cash I'm upgrading the front battery to an Odyssey 1700 battery.

A HO alt is always an option, but before you go and drop a ton of money on one start with upgrading the basics, front battery, Big 3 and if things don't improve then a rear battery. Unless your pulling a ton of amps consistently the HO alt can wait.

so you figure a yellow top up front would be decent? then a hc800 with the hc600 in the trunk...i was reading how to replace the alt on a ford focus and you have to remove the ****in engine mounts and slide the engine foward or some **** to get enough room to work with it... i dont have nearly the tools or ability to do that ... i watn to steer clear from upgrading the alt if at all possible,

Loosen the drivers mount (tranny) some, just so it can slide. Remove the passenger mount. Move the engine forward. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SUPPORTED OR YOU WILL HAVE ONE HELL OF A MESS.That should give you alot more room to work with.
Yes i have a 2003 ford focus, 2.0 liter , i have taken alternator out twice and the best thing to do is just remove motor mount bolts on passgner side of car, there are three of them. Slide motor foward and once moved pull alternator to it side bolts holes facing upwards then pull it out, you hay have to push gas lnes back to give you more clerence.
you were running that hk4000d on that electrical? i think that would pull more current than 2 strapped sundowns, but then again mine is daily driver ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.