• Thread starter pfunk358
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
P

pfunk358

I have three 12" rockford power hx2 i'm gonna have 2 bridged on the bd1500.1 and the other on the 1000a2 ... should i go with a ported or sealed box... will the ported be that much louder to sacrifice soud quality..

thanks

Firstly, I hope that you are planning on keeping the speakers all in separate chambers.- especially if you are going to be running dual amps. Two amps powering subs in 1 enclosure will likely produce quite a bit of cancelation unless you have equal power and the gains set exactly the same on both amps.

As A general rule- a ported enclosure will give you approximately 3db more output that a sealed encloure in most applications. However, some of the tight- punch of SQ will be lost and more lower "boomy" response obtained. On the other hand.----> 2 subs in a sealed enclosure in the right location can also produce an extra 3db of output and retain thier accuracy and SQ, and still hit hard.

Kinda a personal choice- your ears should make the ultimate decision.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.