what type of box gets the best SQ?????

Originally posted by billy98sport i dont mean what kinda of material although that would help i just mean like ported or bandpass etc. im looking for the right kind for an 18" sub anyone know?
sq enclosure for an 18

not saying it can't be done, but that's like asking the best kind of racing tires for a motorhome

I would have to say the best SQ out of an 18 is going to be a smaller ported box tuned to what the manufactur freq is or what ever sounds best. Sealed and 18's just dont usually go in the same sentance:D Though you could build a LARGE sealed box for it and see what happens. Anyways what kinda 18 do you have that will help a little more.

its a buleprint drivers 1803, the factory also doesnt recommend sealed but it said if u do make a sealed box it should b about 5 cuft other wise make a ported box tuned to 30Hz. the problem with that is i have no idea how to make a ported box much less tune it to any specific frequency. if there is an easy way for you to tell me how to do it that would b greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.