what type of amp for this setup? No audio knowledge, need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

clueless

Atlanta
First off I have 0 knowledge on audio let alone car audio. Need help on an amp to run for my set up in my 02 Lexus GS300

Alpine IVE-530 head unit

JL c5's in the doors

Two JL 10w3v3's in a sealed box

I was told it would be okay to run the c5's off the head unit but I need an amp for the subs. From asking around I was told a 1000 watt amp. Is that right? Im a little confused at this point. I see different types of amps (class d, a, b, mono) and im clueless on this rms amd ohms thing. Whatever help given is much appreciated

Also if some one can list a few good brands that will help as well

First off I have 0 knowledge on audio let alone car audio. Need help on an amp to run for my set up in my 02 Lexus GS300
Alpine IVE-530 head unit

JL c5's in the doors

Two JL 10w3v3's in a sealed box

I was told it would be okay to run the c5's off the head unit but I need an amp for the subs. From asking around I was told a 1000 watt amp. Is that right? Im a little confused at this point. I see different types of amps (class d, a, b, mono) and im clueless on this rms amd ohms thing. Whatever help given is much appreciated

Also if some one can list a few good brands that will help as well

I wouldn't run those c5s off the head unit they will work, but not going to sound real good.

5 chan amp = 4 channels for the front and rear speakers left and right. and the mono sub channel, you can wire both of the subs to that channel to get the most pwr to your subs.

look at a few 5 channel amps, they'll actually show you in the manuels on how to wire up your setup.

I agree about the five channel. You won't want a 1000 watt sub stage with no amplification to the speakers inside the cabin. Any electrical upgrades you can afford would be highly encouraged as well. (new battery or an additional battery, replacing small engine wires with sufficient power cable, etc)

The five channel will typically be cheaper than buying a four channel for the mids/highs down the road but like previously mentioned I don't know if you have budget concerns at all

5 chan amp = 4 channels for the front and rear speakers left and right. and the mono sub channel, you can wire both of the subs to that channel to get the most pwr to your subs.
look at a few 5 channel amps, they'll actually show you in the manuels on how to wire up your setup.
Understood. Ideally how much amp (wattage) am I looking at for this setup.

again... Budget please...
TBH i don't have one. I'm well aware you get what you pay for, but I don't need anything competition level. I want what will give me the best bang for the buck.

I agree about the five channel. You won't want a 1000 watt sub stage with no amplification to the speakers inside the cabin. Any electrical upgrades you can afford would be highly encouraged as well. (new battery or an additional battery, replacing small engine wires with sufficient power cable, etc)
The five channel will typically be cheaper than buying a four channel for the mids/highs down the road but like previously mentioned I don't know if you have budget concerns at all
I have already put money aside for that as well, thanks bud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.