What subwoofer should I get? Yes. I just asked this question. I really went there.

I thank you all for the feedback.

Perhaps my goal should change since I'm not going to be going a "wall" or anything out of the norm.

The demo that I listened to that hurt my ear drums was in a vehicle with a bandpass system, 2 12s. It was in something just a tiny bit bigger than a corolla, I think it was a Accord.

I'll still buy 2 15s, and just port them.

EV3 SERIES I'm looking at these right now. But, their RMS power is only 300 watts (or, it's 500 watts RMS on the thumbnail?). Was looking for something with 900RMS to match my amp, but Sundown options go beyond my $190 per sub budget

For how much you have to spend, if you can fit 4 cubes net, get 2 FU 750 12's get dual 2 coils, wire each sub to 4 ohm, run those SOBs in parallel to 2 ohm and watch your trunk explode.

I just hooked up one of the 2 I bought in my home office in a 2.0cf enclosure tuned to 33hz, with a DD M1D powering it and I am STUNNED how good the subs sound and how loud the get.

I'm not sure why sometimes my posts don't show up. Anyways here it is again.

I wasn't aware that the Corolla was too small for my goals. The demo I was in that hurt my ears had 2 12s in bandpass in a car similar in size to a Corolla. I think it was an Accord.

Here are the three main options that I've been looking at:

PL1590BL Subwoofer Pyle 15 Inch DVC 1400 Watt | eBay

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1S2-15 15-Inch 500W 2-Ohm Power Car Audio Subwoofer | eBay

And the Sundown Ev3 series. Sundown's website was down during writing this.

I remember somebody in my family had a pair of those 2 Pyles and my amp would turn into protect mode when volumes were anywhere audible when I tried to use them.

Perhaps because all 4 voice coils were wired, giving my amp a resistance out of it's spec. So when I hooked up one of them, the 2 4ohm coils should have made a total of a 2 ohm load which my amp supports, but the amp shut off into protect as soon as anything became audible. I think there is a underlying problem with my Kicker amp, even though the ground is bare to the metal, not lose, and bolted tighter than the ones of the titanic. I even have a new battery.

Anyways none of these subs meets my requirements for 900 watts RMS. Why is there such a market gap? You see all these 300-450watt RMS subs, then it jumps to the 1200w-2400watt range with no in between!!! which by the way are hundreds of hundreds of dollars out of my budget

*edit*

Oh, there was a page 2. Lol.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Bass-XFL1544-Competition-Subwoofer/dp/B0095YVCXG
A sub for under $200, it's made in USA, looks cool, is 15 inches, 1000w RMS, is it any good?

I think I've found a winner
not american. Its chinese but the good chinese as in still better than everything else you looked at by miles ahead however you'll want double your amplifier power because that 1000 rms rating is a joke, its more like a 1500 to 1800 rms sub.

I'm not sure why sometimes my posts don't show up. Anyways here it is again.I wasn't aware that the Corolla was too small for my goals. The demo I was in that hurt my ears had 2 12s in bandpass in a car similar in size to a Corolla. I think it was an Accord.

Here are the three main options that I've been looking at:

PL1590BL Subwoofer Pyle 15 Inch DVC 1400 Watt | eBay

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1S2-15 15-Inch 500W 2-Ohm Power Car Audio Subwoofer | eBay

And the Sundown Ev3 series. Sundown's website was down during writing this.

I remember somebody in my family had a pair of those 2 Pyles and my amp would turn into protect mode when volumes were anywhere audible when I tried to use them.

Perhaps because all 4 voice coils were wired, giving my amp a resistance out of it's spec. So when I hooked up one of them, the 2 4ohm coils should have made a total of a 2 ohm load which my amp supports, but the amp shut off into protect as soon as anything became audible. I think there is a underlying problem with my Kicker amp, even though the ground is bare to the metal, not lose, and bolted tighter than the ones of the titanic. I even have a new battery.

Anyways none of these subs meets my requirements for 900 watts RMS. Why is there such a market gap? You see all these 300-450watt RMS subs, then it jumps to the 1200w-2400watt range with no in between!!! which by the way are hundreds of hundreds of dollars out of my budget

*edit*

Oh, there was a page 2. Lol.
those are horrible subs except the sundown. two sundown E 12s would be the loudest option here if you dont want to change amps. You dont really have enough power to really get to "that" point of loudness.... unless your bass tolerance is pretty low then yeah whatever will work lmao.

Again you arent gonna get loud NOR get to enjoy your bass unless you prep your vehicle and get a good box design. If you think you can just buy whatever pre-made box out there, you will get sh*t results and not get loud at all. If you dont deaden your car, all you hear is what would sound like a woodpecker mauling an aluminium trash can instead of bass. Those are legit concerns in a flimsy @ss corolla.

Well, on a minimum wage budget it would take me probably 3 months of spending nothing to sound deaden my car

I've tried stuffing pillow stuff under the rear panel so it wouldn't rattle, but only got rid of 10% of it

Lol at the American Bass made in USA.

Again your best bet is 2 sundown E 12s on the 900 watts you have.

I think you need to slow down a little and learn some more before doing anything honestly.

Well, on a minimum wage budget it would take me probably 3 months of spending nothing to sound deaden my carI've tried stuffing pillow stuff under the rear panel so it wouldn't rattle, but only got rid of 10% of it
100 bucks is all you need to sound deaden your trunk, rear deck and have left overs for the roof as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-RKX36B-Roadkill-Damping-Material/dp/B001HHP59G

Pillow stuffing ain't sh*t this is what you need. Along with getting rid of the rear deck panel. I'm dead serious with that sh*t on you cant enjoy anything.

GREAT STUFF 16 oz. Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant with Quick Stop Straw-99053937 - The Home Depot

not american. Its chinese but the good chinese as in still better than everything else you looked at by miles ahead however you'll want double your amplifier power because that 1000 rms rating is a joke, its more like a 1500 to 1800 rms sub.
Ok fine then.

What about a American Bass XD 1544? If it's 700watts RMS then it would be more like a 1000rms sub

XD 1544

Thanks for the link. I wondered why people kept talking about roadkill on this forum!!! Xo

So I guess I'll have to remove the rear deck panel and just put something else like carpet so it doesn't look ugly

Lol at the American Bass made in USA.
Again your best bet is 2 sundown E 12s on the 900 watts you have.

I think you need to slow down a little and learn some more before doing anything honestly.
I want to make sure nobody took my initial post the wrong way and thought I had 900w total. Both subwoofers will be getting 900w RMS not 450RMS

Again, your loudest bet is two sundown E 12s. They are more efficient subs then american bass subs. As in you will get louder off the same power.
Thanks

Do you know if polyfill in a ported design has any effect?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.