What subwoofer should I get? Yes. I just asked this question. I really went there.

I wasn't confused... That's why I said 2 FU's. They are beasts! (Well for $169 they are beasts... There not monsters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

Well, on a minimum wage budget it would take me probably 3 months of spending nothing to sound deaden my carI've tried stuffing pillow stuff under the rear panel so it wouldn't rattle, but only got rid of 10% of it
the E's would be fine, but 1 fu 750 with that power will be great., like 4 peeps told u that..

I want to make sure nobody took my initial post the wrong way and thought I had 900w total. Both subwoofers will be getting 900w RMS not 450RMS

Thanks

Do you know if polyfill in a ported design has any effect?
Not recommended compared to sealed. You just need to have a big enough box with a big enough port from the start. Polyfill wont do jack squat in comparison.

The reasons this question exists is because I'm not too confident in my self, and also since the tracks I listen to are taken into consideration.Let me prepare the list from the sticky:

I want:

- 2 15 inch subwoofers

$190 per sub

- Kicker CXA1800.1 which will give 900w RMS on a 2 ohm load (2 4ohm subs bridged)

*edit*

It's actually 1800 watts total rms divided by 2 so both subs will be getting 900rms sorry for the confusion if any

As long as it fits in a 2013 Corolla S trunk (41" in length)

-Goals: bass that hurts my ear drums. Bass is supposed to do that, right? I felt real, physical pain in both of my ears when listening to bass demos at my local shop. I want that kind of bass experience that when people walk out of a ride they go "Holy **** I'm in another world and my chest feels funny" other than the typical "Oh, that was cool. He had a subwoofer" reaction.

Listening habits: Hip hop, rap.

Drake, Tyga, Meek Mill, Kanye West, Rae Sremmurd

Track examples:

1. Clyde Carson - Slow Down

2. Tyga - 40 mil

3. Drake - Know Yourself

4. Asap Rocky - Multiply

5. Rae Sremmurd - Perplexing Pegasus

Preferred brand: Well, what has the most excursion? I'm under the impression that this is what makes the most difference.

Edit: The box I'll be using will be sealed
This kind of Bass, for starters cost MONEY and Preperations which cost MONEY.That car is a TIN can to begin with.Not the greatest choice of a vehicle to get great results out of without ripping some rear fire walling out and do some sealing up and deadening/Spending some MONEY.SEALED enclosure to get some Chest pounding effects?? That will be one hell of an enclosure.Consider No rear seat for that and 4 heavy 12s and some real power, starting with ripping out that stock system to begin with.Id at the least bought a Tahoe for this and use the car to drive to work in and get groceries at a min.

I thank you all for the feedback.Perhaps my goal should change since I'm not going to be going a "wall" or anything out of the norm.

The demo that I listened to that hurt my ear drums was in a vehicle with a bandpass system, 2 12s. It was in something just a tiny bit bigger than a corolla, I think it was a Accord.

I'll still buy 2 15s, and just port them.

EV3 SERIES I'm looking at these right now. But, their RMS power is only 300 watts (or, it's 500 watts RMS on the thumbnail?). Was looking for something with 900RMS to match my amp, but Sundown options go beyond my $190 per sub budget
if u really have 900 per sub that maybe to much for E's.. we all been saying fu 750 but if u have 1500rms or more with big wires and 0 ga u should get 1 fu 1250 friend just got 1 and i heard him coming from a long way off today..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.