what subs should I go with...

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Ok. I have 1100 watts to use (at 1 ohm). I'm trying to decide what I should go with for a loud and reasonably low hitting system. At the moment I'm going with 3 12s (Rockford fosgate P2D4-12s), but I'm wondering if I should get 2 18s. I am getting a box made for whatever I pick.

if ur budget is low get 2 sa12s they will take 1500 watts.

Ok. I have 1100 watts to use (at 1 ohm). I'm trying to decide what I should go with for a loud and reasonably low hitting system. At the moment I'm going with 3 12s (Rockford fosgate P2D4-12s), but I'm wondering if I should get 2 18s. I am getting a box made for whatever I pick.

My budget is 300$ on subs. And I don't want to go over 1100 watts because then I'll have to upgrade electrical even more.

Hmm I've never heard of them before. I'm on their site checking them out and looking up videos. Looks nice...

Any other suggestions?

2003 f150 supercrew... big cabin.

I wanna be loud as possible with a range from 30hz to 50 - 55hz, only spending 300$ max on subs. I know there is no tellin how loud it's gonna get I'm just trying to get opinions on which route I should take. I don't know what's better... cone area or power per sub. I am right now stuck on goin with 3 Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12s, givin them about 350 each. I'm thinking about Soundqubed right now but I don't know if three of those would be better than two or vice versa because they are rated at 600 a piece and I only have 1100 to give them total.

ALL of the subs that have been mentioned by others are better options than those Fosgate subs. Those are low EBP subs, which means they need a ton of volume in order to do well on low notes and, they handle less power and have barely a millimeter more xmax than Sundown's entry level E8.

Cone area is not king... it's one consideration amongst a variety of considerations. If you want good low end response, you need a sub that has a lot of excursion and you need to give it ample volume to do so. Low EBP subs take a lot more space up than high EBP subs in order to have the same low end extension and most vehicles don't have the space for all that box.

In the end, you're much better off spending your entire budget on one good quality sub than you are spending it on three low quality subs.

Yeah I saw that the SQ 12s have double the xmax of the RF subs. Would I be going in the right direction if I got three SQ 12s and gave em 350watts each? Or would I be giving them so little power that their bigger xmax wouldn't even come into the equation?

Ok so I think I'm gonna go with 2 OA 18s. But I'm wondering, will they reach their potential on 600 each (which is what they are rated)? Or would giving them 1K each really bring em out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.