What Subs Should I Buy??

Astro2003

Hawaii
Hey All,

I am a newbie but decided to step this system up a notch. It's my 2nd one.

Wondering what subs I should get, thinking of either 2 0r 4 - 12's in a ported box, perhaps Type R, considering some by RE or Power Acoustic or Performance Teknique. Wanting to keep it under $600 for subs alone.

Running these 2 amps for subs alone:

(2) JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D 1 ohm stable, 1,000w RMS

I listen to hip hop, electro, new wave, rock, RnB

Any Feedback?

What kind of vehicle? This is one of the most important things to consider as that will determine the space and interior acoustics you have to work with. The next important thing to consider is the box. The actual equipment is the last thing to consider because without a good install, the best equipment on the market wont do a **** bit of good if its not installed good.

Thanks for the replies, I have a 2003 Chevy Astro Safari. I have about 6-7 total cubic feet of space to dedicate to subs.

Going for SPL mainly but want to keep a decent amount of SQL as well.

I think its funny that people are speaking against the Type R's..get over your nut hugging kick, Type R's are great budget subs, and louder then some of the options mentioned..Jacob even states that the Type R is a very good design and has a higher spl ratio then an SA series sub

Bettr n' Revrse

I would start with new amps IMO...

What kind of amps would you recommend? I already have em, got a deal on em so I will likely use em.

Bettr n' Revrse
I would start with new amps IMO...

What kind of amps would you recommend? I already have em, got a deal on em so I will likely use em.
I just doubt they do rated and probably arent clean at all... Also what electrical do you have to support that power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.