What subs for this box????

Shawnlh
10+ year member

I have an '03 Dakota ext. cab. Using the following, Eclipse h/u, zapco dc amps, dynaudio comps, but I am having a difficult time choosing subs.

My space is limited as the box HAS to fit under the rear seat. I found a box design from another audio enthusiast that was kind enough to share it with me.

I know Image Dynamics IDQ 10 v2's will fit and have the proper sealed volume, but I like to here of some more options. I'll post an image that shows the dimensions of the box. The dip in the middle is to accommodate the trucks dimensions. Box will be 3/4 mdf.

Thanks

Shawn

I did some math, and the internal volume is .714 Cu' for each sub. Of course subtracting speaker displacement, it seems that an average is about .05-.125cu'.

So it seems that after speaker displacement I'll be left with .58-.66 cu'. Again depending on the speaker displacement. Mounting depth can be no more than 5.6"

After looking around a bit, I seem to have found a couple options.

1: IDQ10 V.2

2: RE Audio SR10

If you have other subs in mind that'll fit, let me know. Or, if you have an opinion on either of the 2 listed, let me here you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.