What song/hz is best to break in a HDC3 18?

WTF is with all these uber noob questions in the last 24 hours?

The break in is going to be anything that falls within your subs capabilities which will be 100% dependant on your enclosure. If you are free airing, I would suggest a tone low enough that the sub moves or you are going to smoke those coils before the soft parts ever loosen up.

Also, by most people's standards, "Break in" is a myth and the sub should handle its rated power immediately. A few subs need a bit of play to loosen suspension or their triple joint will fail, but that is just bad manufacturing in my opinion. The only thing you are going to get from breaking the sub in is a lower FS and therefore the ability to play lower, better. This will happen over the course of normal play any ways.

WTF is with all these uber noob questions in the last 24 hours?
The break in is going to be anything that falls within your subs capabilities which will be 100% dependant on your enclosure. If you are free airing, I would suggest a tone low enough that the sub moves or you are going to smoke those coils before the soft parts ever loosen up.

Also, by most people's standards, "Break in" is a myth and the sub should handle its rated power immediately. A few subs need a bit of play to loosen suspension or their triple joint will fail, but that is just bad manufacturing in my opinion. The only thing you are going to get from breaking the sub in is a lower FS and therefore the ability to play lower, better. This will happen over the course of normal play any ways.
Lol kinda like you asking if the tc5400 motor is the same as a trf motor? Why because theyre both 4" coil? Noob.

Lol kinda like you asking if the tc5400 motor is the same as a trf motor? Why because theyre both 4" coil? Noob.
No because TC used the TRF motor in the TSNS production for a year, I wanted to know the difference. I would assume inside gap clearance. Considering I've never seen much of TC Sounds gear, and it's not exactly an easy company to find out info on, I'd say that was a fair question.

personally i use a 20hz tone on half rated power for a good 30mins or so

get the sub to around 1/2 its full xmax and let it work

audioques have stupid STIFF suspension

edit.. it took my hdc3 15 around 45mins for me to be able to move the woofer by hand

i played it freeair for 2hrs total and never had a issue with it

personally i use a 20hz tone on half rated power for a good 30mins or soget the sub to around 1/2 its full xmax and let it work

audioques have stupid STIFF suspension

edit.. it took my hdc3 15 around 45mins for me to be able to move the woofer by hand

i played it freeair for 2hrs total and never had a issue with it
Those were one of the companies I was speaking of, them and their sisters DD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.