What size fuse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

zorphon
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
US
So I have a Sony Xplod 800w amp that I got for $35 and I ordered a amp install kit and it comes with a 50A ANL fuse, is that going to be large enough or do I need a bigger one?

I'm going to be running the amp bridged at 340w x 1 @ 4 ohm RMS. It says the current drain in the manual for the amp is 30A at rated output. Does that mean the amp drains 30A from alternator? So would 50ANL be enough?

The amp does have two 25A fuses though, so does it use 50A?

Apologize for being a noob to this.

The fuse is for the wire gage. 50 A is as high as I would go with 8 gage.
I'm going to be using 4 gauge wiring but it's a fairly cheaper brand (Scosche), so it is more than likely closer to 6 gauge in reality. Would a 50A ANL fuse on 4/6 gauge wiring be fine? With the amp having 25Ax2 fuses on it, and it's stating that current is 30A?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.