Noob without a clue

gxpXcess

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about car audio, so if you don't want to deal with that I completely understand and will not be offended in the least.

I recently bought a vehicle, 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP, that the previous owner had upgraded the speaker system in. (Still has original head unit) The original Monsoon speakers were replaced with Boston Acoustics speakers. There is an Alpine MRV-F345 4 channel Amp in the trunk, its all hooked up, gets power but there is no subwoofer. (I assume the previous owner kept it.)

The problem I have is that the rear deck speakers (6x9) sound like two tweeters. There is very little volume and they have no mid/low range. The front speakers sound great. So, is the missing subwoofer a possible reason I have no bass in the rear speakers. I don't really need to have a sub. I'd be happy if I could take the amp out and just have good sound out of the 6x9's.

Thanks in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Back speakers should have more mids/lows if anything... sounds like something is setup wrong.

a subwoofer isnt nessecary if your happy with the way it sounds

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about car audio, so if you don't want to deal with that I completely understand and will not be offended in the least.
I recently bought a vehicle, 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP, that the previous owner had upgraded the speaker system in. (Still has original head unit) The original Monsoon speakers were replaced with Boston Acoustics speakers. There is an Alpine MRV-F345 4 channel Amp in the trunk, its all hooked up, gets power but there is no subwoofer. (I assume the previous owner kept it.)

The problem I have is that the rear deck speakers (6x9) sound like two tweeters. There is very little volume and they have no mid/low range. The front speakers sound great. So, is the missing subwoofer a possible reason I have no bass in the rear speakers. I don't really need to have a sub. I'd be happy if I could take the amp out and just have good sound out of the 6x9's.

Thanks in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Welcome to Ca.Com! More than likely the previous owner high passed the rear speakers at the amp because the sub could handle the lows just fine. If you could take a couple pics of the install, it would help out a lot, as long as you don't mind us drooling over the audio pics, lol. But you probably have a lot of options too. You could keep the rear speakers high passed or bassblocked and add a subwoofer (Please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif ) that way you have your bass in the back, and you can post a build log with all the fun stuff you're about to do!

But some pics of the setting on the amp and any audio equipment will help alot!!

Later!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.