hey guys whats up,

here is the deal, i blew my solo 15"

so i am going to a new car..most likely a civic but maybe a prelude

i have 2 rockford fosgate bd1000.1 amps

i am thinking either 4 Kicker Solobaric L710"

or 4 Rockford HX2's 12"

or 4 Jl W3 12"

or 4 AlumaPro 12"

so what are your guys opinions on what i should go with..

they are all 4 good companys..i have heard the kickers and jls

rockford of course is rockford so that is why they are an option

and i have heard really nice things about alumpro but they are still an unknown

thanks for the help

peace

jared

i've never heard the alumapros either, but out of the other three i'd go for rockford assuming u mean power hx2's. the l7's will hit darn hard, but wont sound nearly as good as the rockford, and the jl will sound decent, but won't hit nearly as much as the rockford. i'm more of an spl type guy, but i want more than half way decent sound quality, and i think that's what rockford provides, that why i have rockford. but if ur looking for sq, then go with the jl's. i cant comment on the aluma pros but i've heard nothing but good things about them. to me, the l7 is out of the picture cuz kicker doesnt make any sub i like, but if u want to go deaf, then get the kicker.

My brother is about to go with the Punch Hx2. He is gonna get 4-12's. I haven't measured his trunk yet, but I know it's gonna be a pretty tight fit. I have the enclosure plans already laid out. I am currently working on two test boxes, but it will probably be another month before the fun begins. He plans on taking it to some small-time comps, just to get a feel. But, after I'm done with the installation and everything I'll go ahead and post some pics. Everything should have already been done, but he spun a bearing, and we had to take the hole block out. He needed a new crankshaft, cam, and a whole lotta b/s. So that kinda set the project back a month. So now $600 later, which is a pretty good deal for everything we did, everything is good to go.

with the luck you had with your Solo- and the way that you were treated by the retailer on kickers behalf. I think the elimination of the Kickers all together would be a logical and wise decision.

Leaving the choices with the HX2, the W3, or the Alumapros.

All would do quite well providing a solid low end. It is fairly obvious that the JL and the Alumapro would offer far better SQ while doing so though.

Which Alumapros were you looking at? The Alchemy's or the Alusonics?

Personally, I would choose the Alumapro Alchemy's firstly due to thier cone and thier motor design. That, and the fact that they impressed me more than the JL's did with thier speed and accuracy. The low end extension is phenominal on these things; even at 30Hz- there is virtually zero break up.

I'd say, have a listen to the W3 and the Alchemy side by side and choose which ever of the two impresses you more. If nothing else, it should be a very interesting comparrison!

take it easy,

-zane

ok l i can hear the w3s at my local store

i have had 3 10" w3s and they sounded very nice..but they didnt match my solo 15" at all

also the question is with my amps

the 2 bd1000.1s i have...can the alumapros handle them \

i also agree with the kicker thing....but i did like them....and also i can get good deals with them....but thanks i will keep looking

thanks

jared

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.