What Should I use for Fill? (Soundstage ?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Numonet86
10+ year member

I was looking for a little feedback on this setup I was considering...$ not an issue, looking for some good high end sound, don't need anything competitive. I was hoping to get some advice from guys who know a little about good soundstage to give me some advice on what to put by the rear seats.

What I'd like are:

3 Way Components for the front panel/kickpanel/wherever it sounds best (woofer, midrange, tweeter), Plus 2 12" subs behind the rear seats pointing up (imagine the horn effect, not in a hatchback). The brand I am looking at is Morel (Elate Limited 3 Way, 2 Ultimo 12" Subs). It is a small car, '76 Corolla.

I was considering getting woofers and tweeter comps for the back...maybe coaxials. I'd like to know if there is a better option for sound than this. What would you suggest for the rear in this case? Any other feedback? Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest not using rear fill at all.

If money is no concern, take a look at the dynaudio esotar series mids, tweets & subs, and arc audio se series amplifiers.

If your wanting quality I have a nice old school 8" Germsn made MB Quart 3 way componet set BNIB...for fill you just need mids or full range very low power....thats all it is a presence not to over come...the front....
I don't have the $ for my system yet, just in preparation mode. So would you suggest not using tweeters in the back? And I apologize, I am still new to audio...when you say mids, you mean mid-bass or mid range? And by full range you mean coaxial/point sound?

I would suggest not using rear fill at all.
If money is no concern, take a look at the dynaudio esotar series mids, tweets & subs, and arc audio se series amplifiers.
Why would you suggest no rear fill? I can only assume that some speakers in the back will only enhance the sound quality? And what about my rear passengers...I would like to please them as well? Not debating your point, just asking for you to clarify your logic to me...I'm still an amateur at this audio thing.

Nvm my original questions misfit138, I did the research and saw that you are far from alone on the subject. Seeing as how I'm going to have an extra couple of full range speakers in the back anyways once I upgrade my system, I think the best course of action is to just hook everything up, and then see how I feel with and without rear fill. Worse comes to worse and I don't like it, I still have an EQ I can use to turn off rear fill with no rear passengers, and turn it up when I do have rear passengers. If I do like it, I'll take Louisiana_CRX's advice and replace them with some better quality full range speakers, run them at lower power. Thanks for the responses guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.