What Screws For My Box

dude i HIGHLY doubt ur gonna have issues breaking those oxide screws.lol. they're pretty beefy. and ive used straight up drywall screws to hold in my HDC3 15 (mounted vertically mind you) on 1500 and never even broke one of those.lol. the oxide ones are about twice the thickness of drywall screws.

dude i HIGHLY doubt ur gonna have issues breaking those oxide screws.lol. they're pretty beefy. and ive used straight up drywall screws to hold in my HDC3 15 (mounted vertically mind you) on 1500 and never even broke one of those.lol. the oxide ones are about twice the thickness of drywall screws.
I wont. I just want to make sure they are going to hold in the MDF tightly without stripping out.

if you strip them, your pre-drilled hole is too big lol. I just mounted a SS RL-s 12 with them... effortlessly lol. 46lb driver, 8 x 1" BLk Ox screws, have no fear, these things are extremely strong and the threads are plenty deep. I pre-drill with a 3/32nd bit and have yet to strip one without just plain over powering it with a drill, I've countersunk heads in mdf before without the first hint of strip. Used the same screws to mount a 21" DP (small washers under the heads) once as well, no prob even with a 10K per sub burp. Will be using these to mount a 64lb 4HP 12 soon as well, and I have absolutely no doubts that they will hold. Think of it this way, even at 100lbs, each screw will only have to hold 12.5lbs if mounted with sub firing down lol.

I think Im going with a number 10 head. They will fill the gasket holes better so it looks more flush and uniform rather than the size 8. I just hope I measured right.

Sink the Hurricane nuts into their holes and then use a Dremel with a grinding bit to shave the flange.
Don't you want to put them in from the back side anyways, so as you tighten the bolt you're also ******* the nut tight up to the MDF? I heard using some adhesive with those nuts will keep them from ever wanting to slip out, like I have heard of them doing before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.