Enclosure design needed for 1 - 12"

deez283
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tinkered around a bit with RE's enclosure caculator but seems I'm not get enough port area. Figured I'd try here and see if anyone could help..

The sub Orion HCCA 12d (old version) 1999/2000

Box size and tuning 2.50 after sub dispacement tunned to 33hz

Area to work with 13.5 tall x 38 wide x 14 deep... would like to double baffle the front.

Not much room to work with but thought I'd try.

thanks in advance.

you should put the box at 31in wide 21in depth and 12.5in height with a 4in port and a 10in port2 piece in the box, it would be tunned at 33hz with like 2.5cf after sub placement, and also put the sub on top of the box not on the side if you read the orion manual it says to put them facing up or down

what will this be going in? That will help with sub/port placement. As for the manual... they didn't even fallow that with there own custom HCCA box LOL

With your h x w x d and a double baffle I came up with around 2.978 for air space. Then you have to figure port and sub displacements. (this is with 3/4" wood)

lol that and the fact that that sub only needs 2cf to get loud.... i have done several of them with anywhere from 1.6 to 2.2 and they get plenty loud on 2500 rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif beast of a sub too weighs over 70 pounds and shits all over anything in its class..

and it will never survive unless it is face up or down...

This thread is almost a year old fellas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
noticed that lol. fail my my part haha

i dont have a BS excuse like pro-rabbit :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.