What RMS should my amp have when paired with a Kicker Comp R 10" DVC 4ohm (48CWR104) sub in a BRZ?

Participant count
  • Participants list
What RMS should my amp have when paired with a Kicker Comp R 10" DVC 4ohm (48CWR104) sub in a BRZ?
Going to connect the DVC in parallel to form 2ohm at the amp.
Well that speaker ask for 400w rms. I would tell you or recommend to you at least a 600w RMS amp at whatever ohm load you plan to run it at. Being that you said 2 ohms then 600w RMS @ 2 ohms would allow for headroom and clean power to the sub.

You could use a 1000w or more if you want too, just make sure the gain is set correctly.

Well that speaker ask for 400w rms. I would tell you or recommend to you at least a 600w RMS amp at whatever ohm load you plan to run it at. Being that you said 2 ohms then 600w RMS @ 2 ohms would allow for headroom and clean power to the sub.

You could use a 1000w or more if you want too, just make sure the gain is set correctly.
Thank you, i will get an amp with a higher rms rating

Those Pioneer amplifiers are really nice and make more then what they claim RMS. I have their 4 channel version running right now as do many others in the car audio community. Those 4 channels and the mono-block version are nice solid amplifiers with a good reputation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...