what purpose does bass knob serve??

This thread makes my head hurt.

Very few amps come with a Remote Gain knob... Be sure what it is before you use it..
I have yet to see any real amp now adays come without one! All the Korean and I do mean all come with reamote gain, all kicker Kx, SX, ZX and so on come with remote gain. Phoenix Gold oh ya remote gain. DD, SoundStream, Sundown they all have remote gain.... That sure blows your very few out of the water. I haven't seen a modern day amp come with a genuine bass control knob in years. Just because they call it a bass control knob doesn't mean that is what it is. A genuine bass control knob controls the single parametric EQ level while the gain remains fixed, I haven't seen this in a quality amp in a very long time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Polo.

I guess I will be giving Kicker CS a call so that way I can make sure 100% that the ZX knobs are remote gain knob even though it says "remote bass knob"

I will update you guys

i can say it is a gain knob,and not a BB knob,here is how you can check for yourself.turn bass boost off.turn gain on the amp all the way up(while your radio is off !!! then set the gain knob to max,plug it in,now turn the gain knob to zero,turn radio on and start to turn the gain knob up,you'll notice that while the gain knob is at zero,you will hardly have any bass,there is your answer...at least for the zx models

Ya all you have to do is turn the bass boost on the amp all the way down, plug the knob in and if you get any volume (attenuation) you have yourself a genuine gain control. You see they call it an attenuator because it can only go down from the setting on the amp, it iwll never go any higher then what you set it at. I forgot the guys name at Kicker in service wished I still had the old email, maybe his name is Keith? I was thinking Mitch but isn't that Treo lol. Moral of the story is boys, NO BASS BOOST at least for those who don't know what there doing. I myself run zero and everyone I know runs zero...

Polo.

I use mine for when cops are sitting on the side of the road with their radar. Turn it all the way down so they dont think im just some disrespectful kid lol

Not to say anything but what you are saying is incorrect. The knob for a kicker amp has nothing to do with bass, it is a remote gain attentuator you can drop them a line and ask. After that what you were saying was more/less correct if you can understand it. What I typed was absolutely correct and came from Kicker themself...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Polo..
why you question what i say, i don't know. So lets see, remote bass knobs only come with bass amps that control bass. So how was i wrong again. It controls the gain which controls bass output.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

why you question what i say, i don't know. So lets see, remote bass knobs only come with bass amps that control bass. So how was i wrong again. It controls the gain which controls bass output.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

nope. both of my last 4 channel cadence amps came with remote knobs.

I have the gain and bass boost almost all the way up on my AQ2200D, but I rarely touch the remote gain control unless it's an old ass song with shitty compression.

I have the gain and bass boost almost all the way up on my AQ2200D, but I rarely touch the remote gain control unless it's an old ass song with shitty compression.

OMFG, just when you start talking to normal people and forgetting about the bubble tards around here one shows up to remind you (Troll alert). BTW I use mine to reduce the amount of sub output at red lights also, or when a pig pulls up. It is funny how habit forming it is to twist your knob at a red light and my wife says she'll never get why I need a remote for a radio that is 2 ft in front of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Polo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.