What order should I upgrade factory stereo

dbellin19
10+ year member

In what order should I upgrade from my factory sound system?

What other sugestion do you have for audio component?

Here is what I have come up with so far. My buget is cheap. (1000-1500)

HU= pioneer 940MP or 9400 I'm still trying to figure out the difference I can only see difference in preamp voltage 4v vs. 6v . (price 513.00 plus S/H online)

front stage= Diamond Audio or MB Quart still undecieded but want 6.25 an 1 in tweeter

rear stage- I just going to take the factory 6x9's out. It should give me more money for front stage and the holes will allow for base to come through to the rest of the car. I sthis a good approach?

Front stage amp: MTX 6408 90w x 4 ch. I am open to sugestions though. This on eis only 225 online

Sub's and amp for subs- I dont know what I want or need. I like to listen to all kinds of music. I like to listen to Techno and rap but I also like classic rock and Jazz. I guess what I want is a good clean system that canm bump when it needs to.

Sound Deadening: I am trying RAAMmat60, I have heard really good things about it and it is a lot cheaper than Dynamat and the other name brands.

I am always open to suggestion so please give whatever advice/input you have. Thanks

Well first off 1000-1500 will definately get you a **** good stereo. I dunno if thats exactly how i would do it. But your stages look to be good. As for subs, you have to see how much you have left over after all of your stages, or at least give a calculation of it and i can give you some suggestions.

Please tell me why or why not to do things the way I am thinking about doing them. That is my whole point for posting: "FEEDBACK". I don't know everythin, hell I am not even close but with all the mind and opinions here on this forum I can make a more educated decision, which is all I am looking for. I chose the pioneer because I had the 8300 in my last car and I liked it. I like the 940 and 9400 plus I want the ability to play MP3's but if you think that something else is better or of better value for money spent than tell me because I might not already know. I have been overseas for 3 1/2 years so I know I am a little out of the loop. I am just looking for as much advice as possible. Thanks

if you like the pioneer go with it they do make some good stuff for your front stage your speakers sound like a good choice but as far as that amp if you look around i think you can find something better for that price with more options and takin the rear 6x9s out is a good idea in my opinion i think that the subs make them sound like **** and distort unless you box them as far as subs what you lookin for SQ? SPL? if your lookin for SQ id go with somthin like infinity or JL its not to expensive and sounds pretty good im sure other ppl can tell ya what to go with. and for an amp for them maybe a jbl or somthin like that good for the price and isnt goin to hurt yer sq to much. but for 1000-1500 you can get a pretty good soundin system so just shop around and im sue youll be happy with what ya end up gettin

I realize that i was giving my opinion too, i mean i wouldnt do ur setup exactly the same as in the actual componets of the system, if you would do it the same as me then youd have MY SYSTEM.

Heres what I would do, start off with a headunit, I would go for alpine, something with three sets of pre amp outputs, then I would get some infinity kappa 6x9s and kappa 61/2s, along with a rockford punch 200x 4channel amp, then a pair of JL subs along with a punch depending on what subs you get. Alpine, Infinity, JL, and rockford are all my personal favs

why would you get 6x9s if your getting subs? they will get cancelled out. get some 6.5s in back instead of 6x9s, and put em in a separate box bc the presure from the subs are gonna hurt any speaker thats back there!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.