What Ohm is this configuration?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scar13
10+ year member

Dallas
If I have 2, 4ohm speakers and on one set I run speaker one positive to speaker 2 positive and negative to negative and run one set of positive and neg to my amp isnt that a 2 ohm load?

so SPeaker 1 positive to speaker 2 positive and the same on the negative, then run one set of + and - from speaker 2 to my amp..

I believe this is a 2 ohm load..

I cant find my old ohm configuration guides anymore DOH!

EDIT..

Nm I remember this is running them in parrellel and is indeed a 2 ohm load..

**** YOU AUTO SOUND!!!

Whats worse is I can not re wire them due to the fact of there location.. I will have to send it back for them to retake apart grrr.

wait a moment..

So my amp will see a 2 ohm load, but each speaker will get half of the load correct??

SO a KX600.4 will see a 2 ohm load and kick out 150Watts, but each speaker willg et 75 watts. ??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.