What is the smallest ported box to put 2 12" r's in?

alpine recommended box is 1.3 cubes net //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Those are the optimum specs for external volume as listed in the manual. If its less i dont know what to tell ya.

EDIT: alpine recommends 0.75-1.0ft^3 after checking the maunal, 1.3 for 15".

i'm sure...i think alpine just recommended that size so it will appeal to people who don't have much room...but it works best in a bigger size box...
Ive run them through winids and it seems that they are recommending the flatest response ported. But i hear ya there is louder out there.

I have mines in a 1.8 cu ft box. It sounds nice but I miss my 2.8 cu ft box. There's a noticable difference between the two but since you're going run two, it should work out pretty well. Just send it a lot of power and you'll be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alllllllllllllllllrighty, you are gonna get tons of answers on this, I actually built my R 10s into Alpine recommended boxes. They sounded awesome, and hit pretty good too. I tried them in a much bigger box but the inconsistancy of the note volume drove me back to the first setup. I just like the sound and feel better. Im building some 12" into their respective alpine recommended boxes for a buddy. I have the Google sketch up file to scale if you are interested.http://putstuff.putfile.com/34041/9678514/3
thats for a pair of 12's?

size and tuning?

do you have the actual cut out measurements?

thats for a pair of 12's?size and tuning?

do you have the actual cut out measurements?
All the measurements on the Sketch up are to scale and can be measure with the tape tool, and no thats for a single. The box i cooked up is two isolated sub chambers in the same box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.