what is the Ohms??????

Participant count
  • Participant list

EVOECLIPSE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
yes i am looking at buying 2 alpine Type R's. they are dvc 4ohms per voice coil. and i want to run them at 2 ohms. is this posible? i dont know the equation for the problem. i was thinking of using a alpine mrv500(mono amp) to power them. i was wondering if anyone could help?

thanks

your wiring options are 4connections of 4ohms,2@2ohms,2@8ohms,1@16ohms,1@4ohms,1@1ohm. So if your looking for a 2ohm connection with DVC 4ohm sub you would have 2 connections.

what do you mean by have two connections? i dont get it. so if i buy these subs i can wire them in for 2 ohms? how would i do this in series?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

you would have 2 connections for 2 channels of an AMP. YOU would put each speaker's coils in parrallel by wiring the positives & negitives togther then connect that to the amp.

so i wire 1 sub two each channel of a 2 channel amp? i think this is how you describe it. b/c i was wanting to run a mono amp, and with the setup you gave me i could not use a mono amp? say i connected the subs in series two a mono amp? what whould the ohms be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.