What is the best LCD panel for the money?

08redgti
10+ year member

I was lloking at buying a flat panel LCD soon. I was probably going for something around 52"? I already checked at a best buy in my area (they seem the cheapest on home stuff). What is a better monitor between Samsung, Toshiba, Sharp and Sony? Also, whats the main diff between an LCD and a Plasma. One shop I looked at kept pushing a panasonic plasma over an LCD. Just looking for some opinions before I make this investment. Thanks, C.

I got an idea it works great.. lol Go to a local tv shop that has a ten day no questions asked return policy. like hhgreg etc , find the tv you want (do this low key) have a friend go buy it, return it within ten days.. . then you go in and buy it like 30% off as an open box. I got a 65'' Toshiba.. which I think is one of the best brands.. I have two.. and one sony.. sony is nice too but pricey.. and my toshiba looks the same if not better. My 65'' is a DLP which is my fav type and i paid ONLY $1400 plus $400 for 5 yr warranty that covers everything even cosmetics. .. , it is reliable, and is mde from texas instruments.. who better than calculator whizzes to design the technology.

Depends what is on sale //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Samsung, Sony and Sharp are all great brands

I have a 46 lcd sony and is amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just checked out a new samsung that has an LCD backlit display. This thing is beautiful. I just keep remembering when Samsung was cheap garbage a few years back however. They seem to be building some nice TV's now though.

Samsung makes great LCD's I have 3. For budget, check out samsungs a550 series lcd's. I own the 52a550 and I love it. I dont need the 120hz motion plus junk, plus I dont think it makes to much difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.